The International Junior Buyer will assist the Senior buyer in all buying functions: seasonal assortment planning, inventory management, pricing strategy, seasonal analysis, development of exclusive market collection in addition to managing the OTB of her own categories. The junior buyer will work in close collaboration with external and internal partners to ensure growth for her categories. The role requires an individual with strong analytical skills, very practical and efficient work methodology.
Forecast, Buy, Review, Act, Grow.**
Determine and commit to a market specific assortment based on forecasted sales.
Review performance of merchandise, plan vs. actual, vs. LY, stock cover, etc. Based on findings take action to maintain or improve sales at store level: pricing, promotions, product knowledge.
Identify ‘best sellers’ and ensures to maintain adequate stock cover.
Identify opportunities for growth, based on trends, performance and competitors.
Ensures that product newness is maintained, introduced in a timely manner.
Discontinued ranges are cleared in an effective manner through sale and other ‘clearance’ or promotional activities thereby ensuring that the aged stock profile & ‘quality’ of stock is kept to a minimum.
Prepare reports for analysis.
- 3-5 years of fashion buying experience in women’s apparel
- University level degree or related experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Bilingualism required (French and English)
Key Skills and Specialized knowledge
- Result oriented
- Advanced MSOffice software knowledge (Primarily Excel)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Highly organized which leads you to work efficiently and, in a goal-oriented way and with a strong sense of business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well in a collaborative environment but can also be independent
- You must show proven success in buying exercises and merchandising financials – ability to drive revenue & margin.
- You must have good commercial awareness keeping a keen eye on the market, competition, current and forthcoming fashion trends to ensure product proposition is in line with all markets.
- You remain solution-oriented and flexible in our fast-paced environment, embracing change and seeking new opportunities in our agile work culture.
- You must be willing to grow and take coaching from the senior buyer who you will report to.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent