Position: Multimedia Journalist
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports to: Managing Editor
Location: Woodstock, ON
Division: Woodstock Sentinel-Review
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 120 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
The Woodstock Sentinel-Review is seeking a multimedia journalist who will help drive superior coverage of issues and events and provide a well-rounded approach to fast-paced journalism in a variety of functions: writing, reporting, taking pictures, shooting video, and publishing work through social media.
What you'll do:
- Report and write stories for print, digital and mobile audiences
- Shoot, edit and appear in video clips for digital platforms
- Shoot still photos
- Engage energetic use of social Media
Who you are:
- Excellent reporting and writing skills are required, as well as the ability to thrive under pressure
- Proven success in producing well-written, well-researched copy
- Deep understanding of current publishing industry trends, including but not limited to new platforms
- The ability to work comfortably in an uncertain environment, and to make clear and firm decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Endless energy and the sincere desire to excel
- Minimum 1-year experience at a daily or a weekly newspaper with a deadline-oriented reporting/writing role.
- Fluency in digital platforms, multimedia journalism and social media.
- Ability to work quickly, independently and meet multiple deadlines
- Must be available to work day and evening shifts. Some weekend work required.
- A reliable car and a valid driver's license are required.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please forward your cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: November 12, 2021
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent