Founded in 2005 and based in Ottawa, Smart Living Properties is a single-source provider of construction, development, and real-estate services. Our company caters to the residential market in Ottawa. Recognized for our quality workmanship, innovative technology, open collaboration, and exceptional standards, we offer a one-stop approach to the planning, development, construction and management of remarkable buildings.
About the Job:
Reporting to the Director of Real Estate Development, the Development Coordinator will be involved in the real estate project development process. More specifically, the incumbent will participate in site analysis and site assessments, coordinate a variety of support activities within the Real Estate department and act as a liaison between various departments and external resources.
As an ideal candidate, you're dynamic, hard-working, and keen to collaborate with colleagues in a fluid, fast-paced environment. You’re highly detail-oriented and organized, and you bring a passion for real estate development, construction or design.
- Participate in site analysis and assessment including zoning, entitlements, density potential, market studies, financial analysis, etc.
- Assist with the management of the development process including working through zoning, consultant follow-ups, permitting, reporting, liaising with the construction team on warranty issues, etc.
- Liaise with financial analysts
- Coordinate and take minutes in meetings
- Assist with ongoing entitlement processes; track entitlement schedule and budget
- Ensure studies are completed on a timely basis
- Assist with basic accounting functions
- Coordinate marketing requirements including collaborating with marketing department to ensure consistency and integrity of the brand
- Liaise with the city to expedite the approval process
- Participate in the development of real estate presentations, proposals and RFP responses
- Gather, collect and analyze market data related to specific projects
- Attend workshops, trade shows and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry
- Participate in the planning and logistics of special events for new projects
- 1-3 years of closely related experience
- Construction and real estate industry knowledge
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Smart Living Properties respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent