Quinte Health Care (QHC) is a progressive and integrated system of four hospitals working with partners to provide exceptional care to their local communities.
Care is provided through four hospitals – Belleville General Hospital, North Hastings Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital, and Trenton Memorial Hospital – and includes four emergency departments, operating rooms at three hospitals, a rehabilitation day hospital, children’s treatment centre, ambulatory care clinics, community mental health programs, and a range of diagnostic services. There are inpatient beds for acute medical patients, intensive care, obstetrics, paediatrics, mental health, complex continuing care, rehabilitation, and surgery.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
Our Transition Pool includes Acute Medicine, Surgical and Critical Care Nurses and is great opportunity to explore different areas of practice. The current assignment of this permanent role will be located at Quinte Gardens. This will be working with ALC and Palliative Care patients.
After the assignment is complete at Quinte Gardens, you may be oriented on our ALC, Acute Medicine, Acute Surgery and Rehabilitation Units. There are also opportunities for work assignments in Critical Care areas at Belleville General, Trenton Memorial and Prince Edward County Memorial Hospitals. Most units have 12-hour continental or DDNN schedules, some have day and night 8-hour shifts. We offer a robust orientation program with mentor assignment.
- Current Certificate of Registration in good standing, or eligible for registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Completion of Coronary Care 1 or equivalent (ex. previous Cardio Concepts QHC) or willing to register to an eligible course within 60 days and completion within 6 months of commencement of position (or mutually agreed upon dates)
- Completion of Coronary Care 1 or equivalent (ex. previous Cardio Concepts QHC) or willing to register to an eligible course within 60 days and completion within 6 months of commencement of position (or mutually agreed upon dates).
- Evidence of continuing professional development. (please list most recent 3 on application)
- Capable of coping with a physically demanding workload. (Physical Demands Analysis available to review)
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking, interpersonal and communication skills – to assume in-charge responsibility to function independently
- Provision of care for patients within an interproffessional environment, including assessment, treatment, teaching and education
- Performs acts requiring specialized knowledge, skills and judgement necessary for care of acute medical patients.
- Teaching and coaching to patients and families
- Maintains nursing records in accordance with College of Nurses Standards.
- Practicing in compliance with provincial legislation, hospital policy and procedures, professional regulatory standards and best practices within the nursing profession
- Maintaining professional competence by completing regular professional development including annul training and education as indicated
- Participates in unit/dept. and hospital quality improvement initiatives
- Adheres to a safe and healthy workplace and maintains a safe and healthy work environment through attendance at educational programs, use of established mechanisms for injuries and hazards and adheres to health and safety related policy and procedures
- Adapts and adheres to the values of QHC while promoting and advocating for an enhanced patient experience
- Other duties as assigned.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Occasionally – lifting and carrying average weight 20 pounds and max 50, pushing/pulling average 10-15 pounds and max 30 pounds, patient assist approx. 100 pounds
- Required Constantly – standing
- Required Frequently – walking, bending/stooping
- Required Occasionally – sitting, twisting/turning, bending, crouching/squatting, kneeling
- Required Rarely – balancing, climbing
- Required Frequently – forward shoulder movements, gripping/grasping, pinching, neck, elbow, shoulder, wrist and back normal range of motion
- Required Occasionally – fine finger movements, shoulder movements (up/down)
- Required Rarely – foot action