Job title :
SHIPPER / RECEIVER
ELK VALLEY HOSPITAL
Elk Valley Hospital in Fernie is looking for a Casual Shipper/Receiver to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 12, and have 1 year recent related experience....Apply today!
As a team player this position performs receiving duties and performs related stores duties such as ordering, unpacking, checking, storing and distributing stock for designated departments within the designated site.
Typical Duties Include:
Hours of work:
- Ensures departments are stocked with equipment; delivering items to appropriate departments as required;
- Orders non-stock and stock supplies as per levels established by regionalized stores department;
- Assists with uncrating and stocking shelves;
- Assembles, issues, delivers and ships supplies/goods from requisition requests received with assistance from Maintenance department;
- Identifies and returns damaged or spoiled goods to suppliers
- Performs other related duties as required.
Monday - Friday, 07:00 to 11:00, 09:30 to 11:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12, plus
- 1 year recent related experience
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.