COSTI REQUIRES A FINANCIAL ANALYST FOR ITS HEAD OFFICE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a fulltime non-union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
(Monday – Friday)
- Responsible for submitting IRCC reports, proposals, annual cash flows and revised cash flows.
- Liaises with IRCC officers on any claim inquiries and responsible for IRCC audit.
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing and finalizing all MTCU report submissions.
- Prepares cash flow budgets for new programs/contracts in conjunction with all levels of program personnel.
- Plans and coordinates annual audit; provides auditors with appropriate information.
- Responsible for full cycle Fixed Asset management.
- Backs up for maintaining general ledger chart of accounts and management reporting structure.
- Prepares applications for annual property tax rebate.
- Prepares all statutory filings (e.g. annual CRA charity return, etc.).
- Prepares working papers, account analysis and financial statements for annual/program audits.
- Assists in budget and revised budget preparations.
- Designs reports, e.g. audit statements, various internal variance analysis reports and government funding reports.
- Leads in ERP systems application, especially system upgrades. Assists in system integration.
- Potential managing finance staff.
- University graduate with emphasis in Finance, Accounting or Commerce.
- Final level CPA, such as Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified General Accountant (CGA) or equivalent.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in financial analysis, auditing, budgeting and accounting in a medium-sized organization. Experience in a non-profit or charitable environment preferred but not essential.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in supervising Junior Accounting staff.
- Experience as a project leader in system integration, conversion and system upgrading is required.
- Experience with financial ERP system, such as Microsoft Dynamic NAV, Great Plains, SAP or others is a definite asset.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Microsoft office suite, such as Excel, and Microsoft Word etc.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work in a team or independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and set work priorities in a fast paced and highly demanding environment.
- Experience in liaising, communicating with all levels of internal and external personnel with a customer service emphasis.
- Demonstrated ability in communicating recommendations to program and administration staff for continuous business process improvements.
LOCATION: 1710 Dufferin Street, Toronto
START DATE: March 4, 2019
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $65,311 to $71,014 per annum + benefits
POSTING DATE: January 18, 2019
CLOSING DATE: February 1, 2019
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, quoting reference # 5-19, to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,311.00 to $71,014.00 /year