You’ll be working closely with our engineering, product, and investment teams to drive the development of our financial engine. This algorithmically complex system is at the core of our ecosystem, and you will play an integral role in its design.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about building state-of-the-art bookkeeping technology enhanced with machine learning. We’ll arm you with the tools and give you the autonomy to create something that will impact thousands of potential users.
If you’re looking to explore uncharted territory in the AI space with a team that thinks long term, has an agile mindset and wants to challenge the old-school financial industry – let’s talk!
What you’ll be doing
- Ownership of the design and feature implementation of our Order Execution and Management System (OEMS). This is the proprietary accounting technology underpinning our financial engine. You will participate in Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, QA, and Implementation.
- Investigate and drive the implementation of machine learning and other emerging technologies into the financial engine.
- Accountable for understanding the needs of users, providing detailed product design specifications by way of user stories and assisting in the prioritizing of stories during sprint planning.
- Perform research and analysis for future features for the OEMS and maintain the product backlog.
- Turn business requirements into technical specifications and other technical documentation for our developer teams.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
What you might look like
- 5+ years of relevant experience in business/systems analysis or related role.
- Understanding of finance and trading principles with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Prior experience with at least one programming language (ie: Python, MatLab, Java, C++, Scala, etc…).
- Prior experience building or using an AI platform either personally or professionally
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to document processes and workflow.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; you can translate ideas and requirements into a clear actionable plan that fosters effective collaboration across teams.
- Self-starter with a desire to learn and the ability to rapidly understand the business and its drivers.
Bonus points for
- Prior experiencing either building or working in a startup.
- Previous experience or exposure to machine learning
- Familiarity with project management methodologies, Agile or otherwise.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Slack, and Asana.
What we offer
- Work with experts in coding, AI, and accounting to create, build the research architecture and the company you’ve always dreamed of.
- Competitive salary and bonus based on our meritocratic system.
- Flexible work hours.
- Conveniently located at near a light-rail transit line.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- The best tools – Alienware Aurora R8 workstations.
- Annual team retreats with colleagues from Canada and Switzerland.
THUT Wealth is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the international community we serve. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply. If you require accommodation, please let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
THUT Wealth would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role however only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and receive a response.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $69.17 /hour
- business/systems analysis: 5 years (Preferred)