Route Supervisor - Ottawa West - 75K+Incentive+Benefits+Pension!
Miller Waste has over 50 years experience in the waste management sector and operates from 30 locations across Canada. We are currently hiring a Route Supervisor to join our team!
At Miller Waste our people are very important to us. We are committed to the development of our employees and want to make sure we remain an employer of choice through recognition, leadership development, career enhancement and continuous improvement to make Miller Waste a great place to work.
** Miller Waste Systems is an ESSENTIAL SERVICE PROVIDER, Offering Permanent Opportunity **
In the position of Route Supervisor your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling of routes as per the operating budget, as well as accurate record and time keeping.
- You will ensure the timely collection of residential materials, provide excellent customer service, and work within the specifications of our service contract with the City of Ottawa.
- The ability to demonstrate your leadership, build positive employee relations and develop a team spirit is critical to your success in this role.
- You will also be the primary line of communication and contact between Municipal staff and Miller Waste Systems and must be comfortable in dealing with all levels of Municipal staff members.
- The tracking of productivity, completion of reports and the ability to hold employees accountable to complete their tasks in a productive and safe manner will be part of your daily assignments.
- Compliance with all Provincial and MWS health and safety policies and procedures is a must.
- Successful candidates must possess a DZ license and a clean driving record.
- You must have excellent attendance and performance records, as well as proven team building skills. Interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook are a requirement for this position.
- You must be available to work Saturdays when required.
- Preference will be given to those with a familiarity with the City of Ottawa and surrounding areas.
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Recognition Programs
- Leadership Development & Career Enhancement Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 per year
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Extended Health Care
- Store Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)