Job title :
PROGRAM/LEAVE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
Cottonwoods in Kelowna is looking for a Casual Program / Leave Management Assistant to join their team. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 55 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
- Your Grade 12 Diploma;
- Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
- Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the planning and processing of employee vacation and leave information and performs registration and cashier duties as required. Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Types a variety of correspondence including letters, memoranda, reports, forms, presentation material, newsletters from rough draft, general instruction and/or recording devises;
- Coordinates meetings, as directed, by booking meeting rooms and relevant equipment, arranging catering, sending out meeting requests, and typing and circulating agendas and relevant supporting material;
- Coordinates travel arrangements as directed, by booking and confirming flights, vehicles and accommodation as required;
- Receives invoices and prepares staff expenses, reimbursements and monthly corporate visa statements;
- Performs patient registration duties and cashier related duties as required;
- Provides relevant/required information to the Purchasing Department in order for a consultant contract to be generated;
- Maintains office supply inventory and required support material by placing orders, receiving and storing supplies and generating purchase orders;
- Prepares statistical information as required by gathering and compiling data, developing and formatting statistical charts and graphs using appropriate software;
- Performs record management duties such as setting up and maintaining electronic and manual filing systems;
- Prepares and maintains web based communications and program/department intranet site and/or sharepoint site from general instruction using appropriate software;
- As required, reviews and verifies entitlement for all vacation, leave of absence, and banked time requests;
- Updates and maintains vacation planning calendars, tracking spreadsheets and tools;
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a Typing Test 55 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to keyboard at 55 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**