Van Bree Enterprises is looking for a Site Foreman to join our growing team!
With over 50 years of unsurpassed growth and success, Van Bree Enterprises and the Van Bree family have been at the forefront of presenting the best quality products and services, shaping the face of communities and farms throughout Southwestern Ontario.
The Foreman, Sewer and Watermain is responsible for safely leading the day to day operations of the jobsite and ensuring that the project is completed on time and on budget.
· Manage day to day operations of team
· Jobsite Management – site organization, equipment maintenance, inspections and testing
· Communicate assignments to crew
· Ensure tools and material are ready and available for crew when they need it and communicate the location of the materials to the crew
· Interpret drawings and plan the project and communicate discrepancies
· Assist the pipe layer with grade set ups and elevation accuracy
· Order material as needed to ensure on time delivery to worksite
· Plan the layout of the project using the GPS and ensure locations of manholes and/or hydrants
· Review and communicate daily utility locates and overhead wires and monitor them throughout the day
· Secondary equipment operator and fill in as required to ensure continuous production
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
· 8-10 years of experience in a related position
· Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
· Knowledge of soil and granular types, sloping techniques, and numeracy skills
· Experience using a GPS and reading an elevation rod
· Ability to read and follow blueprints accurately
· Ability to operate machinery and equipment in a safe manner is an asset
· Ability to cultivate relationships of mutual respect within crew
· Ability to diffuse situations and resolve conflicts
· Ability to make decisions and adapt to changes in the worksite (eg. Weather, material availability, and deadlines)
· Organized with the ability to effectively manage time
· Hands on approach and a mechanical background
· Capable of working in a team environment
What Van Bree can offer you:
· A great team experience
· An opportunity to grow your career in a very well-established company
· Extended health, vision & dental benefits
· LTD and RRSP
· Wellness Program
· Above average compensation
· Social events
Van Bree Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. Van Bree Enterprises will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care