Reason for Post :
Position Status :
Temporary- Full time
Work Shifts :
CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
Job Territory :
Support for Elderly Autonomy Directorate
Service :Reference number :
Number of days :Length of Assignment :Work Schedule :Salary :Number of positions available :
Job Category :
Rehabilitation professional (occupational therapist, kinesiologist, speech therapist, physiotherapist, etc.)
Posting Start Date :
Posting End Date :
The Montréal West Island IUHSSC is currently searching for a physiotherapy technologist to provide daytime home support services to a clientele with a loss of autonomy living in the Dorval and Lachine sectors as part of a full-time replacement with the possibility of obtaining a permanent position.
As a Home Support Physiotherapist, you will meet people in their home environment to provide rehabilitation services. You will particularly enjoy working in a home setting as you will be able to :
- Focus on one user at a time;
- Getting a more complete picture of your users by observing them in their daily life and environment;
- Allowing users to show you concretely the difficulties they experience in their daily lives;
- Updating exercise programs according to the space, furniture, and objects owned by your client;
- Taking on stimulating challenges by working in a variety of contexts;
- Collaborating within a dynamic and committed interdisciplinary team (physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nurses, social workers, nutritionist, physician, etc.);
- Enriching your team's perspective by sharing the approaches, tools and knowledge specific to your professional identity and benefiting, in exchange, from an open, dynamic and stimulating environment that encourages innovation;
- Exercising your professional autonomy by using your advanced knowledge and clinical judgment;
- Developping your professional autonomy by using your advanced knowledge and your clinical judgement; Fulfilling your potential in a non-routine practice, with days that follow one another but are not the same!
Your office will be located at the Ex-Hôpital de Lachine (3320 Notre-Dame, Lachine, H8T 1W8).
By taking this opportunity, you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- A good work/life balance in a stable full-time job (on weekdays from Monday to Friday, daytime from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm);
- Salary to which bonuses can be added (from $23.12/hour to $33.61/hour);
- Four (4) weeks of holiday after one year of full-time work;
- Thirteen (13) statutory holidays and 9.6 sick days for a year of full-time work (full-time positions only; fringe benefits are paid to part-time employees);
- Participation, with the employer, in a defined benefit pension plan that provides a reliable retirement income;
- Group insurance protection (life, health, salary);
- Access for you and your family to a free employee assistance program;
- Access to ongoing training (job shadowing, formal training, supervision, coaching, etc.);
- Have a college diploma (DEC) in physiotherapy techniques or a diploma deemed equivalent by the competent authorities;
- Registered as a physiotherapy technologist with the Ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec;
- Have the ability to establish a therapeutic relationship with French and English-speaking clients;
- Possess a vehicle and a valid driving licence.
- * Your DEC and internship experiences will have prepared you well to launch your career with confidence, welcome graduates! * *
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The Montréal West Island IUHSSC has a program for the access to equal employment and invites natives, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply for positions. Persons with disabilities can share their special needs in relation to the selection process for the position requested to facilitate the study of their application.