Ready to make a meaningful impact? Become a member of CGI through our shareholder program and advance technology.
As one of the world's largest IT and business consulting firms, CGI works around the world with a wide variety of clients in a diverse set of industries. We also develop and deliver a wide range of business and technology solutions.
Our employees work in a highly multifaceted, fast paced environment where they work closely with our internal and external clients. We are on the groundbreaking of technology, exploring exciting areas of our clients and our business while keeping up the standard of being leaders in the industry. You will develop your career in a meaningful way and be part of our hardworking and dedicated team. Reach your full potential thanks to learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs and career opportunities!
CGI is looking for the best talent to help our clients make their digital transformation to the cloud. The Cloud Specialist is responsible for creating and leading the solution framework for cloud initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and moving applications to the cloud.
As a Cloud Specialist, the individual will manage the client's future transition from on-premises environments to hybrid cloud architectures. The role requires the ability to deliver new services efficiently and optimize existing environments.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Provide cloud architecture expertise and leadership for infrastructure and applications in our next generation private cloud, Oracle CLOUD, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and AWS.
- Assist in the business case and design of enterprise cloud solutions for internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels, including DevOps engineering teams, and become a trusted advisor to global decision makers.
- Represent CGI and demonstrate thought leadership in meetings with our customers; provide customer and market feedback to product and engineering teams to influence product direction.
You are a futurist and a leader. Other architects come to you for advice and direction. You know what needs to be done, how to do it, and have the willingness to maneuver with agility in a global organization. CGI would be delighted to have you represent us to our clients.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you can expect from us:
- A degree in Computer Science or 10 years of equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a solution architect.
- A minimum of two years working in solution architecture that has a significant cloud component - on-premises or in the public cloud.
- Cloud architecture certifications (Oracle Cloud, K8S, OpenShift, Azure, Google Cloud or AWS) are a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud migrations is a plus
- Experience designing and developing software in one or more languages such as Python, Java, C # or similar.
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Understanding of and experience with open source server software.
- Experience with all aspects of cloud computing (e.g. infrastructure, storage, platforms and data, etc.), as well as the cloud market and competitive dynamics.
- Knowledge of current infrastructure automation and continuous integration/deployment.
- In-depth knowledge of networking and cloud-based delivery models.
- Knowledge of standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.