Are you an enthusiastic person who wants to make a meaningful impact in your community? At Christian Horizons we Value People, Foster Belonging, Respect Gifts and Serve Others. Learn more about Christian Horizons: https://www.christian-horizons.org/who-we-are/values
Direct Support Professional - Night Awake
Direct Support Professional employees build communities that value the contributions of people who experience developmental disabilities. They assist with activities of daily living, working collaboratively with families, advocates, friends, and community partners in order to promote full citizenship and enhance relationships. Recognizing people’s right to self-determination, and valuing their unique gifts while encouraging continuous growth and development.
- 3-6 Months’ Experience.
- Developmental Services Worker, Child and Youth Worker, or post-secondary education in a related field, is preferred;
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check;
- Satisfactory 3-year Uncertified Driver’s Abstract;
- Valid G Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation;
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package for Full-Time and Part-Time positions
- Career Development and Training Opportunities
- Flexible Schedules and Various Locations
- Employee Discounts
Christian Horizons seeks to hire a workforce that represents the diversity of the communities where we serve. We are committed to promoting communities of belonging where Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour feel valued, respected, represented, and heard. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from members of groups with historical or current barriers to equity. We seek to provide accessibility through all stages of the hiring process for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our Accessibility Policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.62 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tottenham, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Developmental Services: 1 year (preferred)
- Full G Driver's Licence (preferred)