Sturgeon Public School Division is currently recruiting for a Part-Time Temporary Science Lab Educational Assistant 3 for a work assignment at Sturgeon Composite High School. This assignment is subject to change based on operational requirements.
Sturgeon Composite High School, located just minutes north of the City of Edmonton has a dedicated teaching and support staff team working collaboratively to provide exemplary education to approximately 750 students (grades 10-12). Programming also includes a broad range of Career and Technology Studies; Knowledge & Employability (K&E) and Special Education classes.
Hours: 0.8 FTE; Part-Time Temporary; working 6.5 hrs/day, 4 days a week
Initial Assignment: Under the direction of the classroom teacher, the Educational Assistant position will work in all High School Math/Science classes including Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Teacher's Aid Certificate/Diploma; CPR and First Aid along with Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training is required
· This position requires knowledge of OH&S, the updated version of WHMIS (2015) which has the amended Hazardous Products Act and Hazardous Products Regulations and incorporates the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling for chemicals (GHS)
· Knowledge of chemicals, mixtures and laboratory techniques is required
· Successful applicant will need to order, organize, set up and assist in labs for all high school science/math classes
· Computer skills such as Google Docs, slides and calendars
· Personable and able to work well with students/staff as well as a willingness to research/attend conferences and PD sessions for new procedures
· Equivalencies that consist of a combination of education, knowledge, skills and abilities to formal education requirements will be considered
Hourly Rate: $19.79 - $24.54 per hour, as per the CUPE Collective Agreement.
Should a qualified candidate not be identified, candidates with lesser qualifications could be considered at a lower classification.
Please note that all new employees to Sturgeon School Division are required to submit a recent (within 6 months), clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector (from your local RCMP) included prior to commencement of employment.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLY atwww.sturgeon.ab.ca
All completed applications received by the deadline will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Reference ID: 3059383
Contract length: 10 months
Part-time hours: 26 per week
Application deadline: 2021-08-13
Expected start date: 2021-08-30
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $19.79-$24.54 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Educational Assistant: 1 year (preferred)