Intermediate Programmer (GIS)
St. John's, NL
- Gather and analyze information and business requirements for the development of secure functional and system design specifications.
- Liaise with users to determine appropriate solutions.
- Create and modify code, screens and reports according to published standards and considering the Information Management and Information Protection requirements for the system.
- Create and modify screens and reports.
- Develop secure application code that is integrated with other customized or commercial software programs.
- Design code and procedures for computer systems of varying sizes.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of programs by preparing test plans and sample data, and testing them by means of unit, functional, integration, system and user acceptance testing.
- Complete quality and peer reviews as required, to ensure high quality technical deliverables and documentation.
- Assist with the implementation and secure integration of applications including Vulnerability Assessments and Transition Procedures.
- Provide operational, technical and analytical expertise to GIS projects by understanding how to apply the principles and practices of GIS as a decision support tool.
- Translate spatially related user requirements and technical systems specifications into working, tested GIS applications, including develop detailed programming specifications, write and generate code, compile and integrate data driven programs and systems, interact with spatial databases and conduct unit tests.
- Reporting regularly on the status of requests to Team Lead and/or Manager.
- Graduation with a degree or diploma from an approved college or university with major course work in Computer Science, Geography or Earth Sciences, or related field from a recognized institution.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in this role.
- Experience in the development and/or support and enhancement of production applications as well as building and supporting GIS applications, including customizations.
- Experience with supporting multi-tier web applications deployed on Windows environment.
- Experience with managing and configuring IIS.
St. John's, NL