Overhaul Media is an award-winning studio. We’re independent and privately owned, striving to produce great design, push the boundaries of technology and have fun doing it. We work primarily on WordPress, Shopify and branding projects and on occasion, more custom or static sites. The team is a dynamic team looking to "do things differently".
Are you motivated by...
- Working best independently in a small team but being in a supporting role?
- Working with set procedures and systems but open to different approaches when necessary?
- Focussing on the functionality of a project but having a good sense of design and an eye for the details?
- Creating best-in-class products using bleeding-edge web technologies?
- A desire to create modular, reusable and maintainable code?
Finally, we are in search of someone that has good experience in the following areas:
- At least 3 years experience writing code.
- Experience with RWD, BEM, OOP and cross-browser testing.
- Experience with PHP/MySQL backends (especially WordPress).
- Experience with git.
- Experience with task runners and dependency managers (Grunt/Gulp/LESS/SASS/SCSS).
If you identify with this role so far, the following is a snapshot of what you can expect the first few months to look like in your new role:
Your first 6 months:
- You will be working very closely with the team to dream up and implement innovative solutions for our wide range of clients across multiple industries.
- You will be coding WordPress & Shopify themes using our framework.
- You will update existing codebases/sites and contribute to projects coded by a team.
- You will take part in contributing to the overall Development direction of the company.
- You will test websites for speed, code and visual errors (QA).
- You will use graphics programs (Sketch primarily but occasionally photoshop & illustrator) to review and extract assets for processing (compression, etc.) and development.
After 6 months:
- You will continue working and mastering what the first 6-months brought to you but at this stage in the game, you'll be providing your expertise as a Developer on mockups and site architecture in prep for development or estimating.
- You will also be planning the development strategy, quality assurance, timelines and action items for the team.
Of course, this is not an exhaustive list, but a good deal of what you can expect to be doing as the Developer.
If this looks like a role you would thrive in, then we would love to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- CSS pre-processors (LESS/SASS): 3 years (Required)
- DNS: 5 years (Required)
- AJAX and integration of third-party REST: 3 years (Required)
- performance optimization -caching, asset minification, CDNs: 2 years (Required)
- cross-browser testing: 5 years (Required)
- Git: 4 years (Required)
- developing responsive websites: 5 years (Required)
- task runners and dependency managers (Grunt/Gulp): 3 years (Required)
- Built accessible, standards-compliant websites: 5 years (Required)
- English (Required)