CHILD AND YOUTH CARE WORKER
PART TIME POSITION
Classification: SYCW, $14.98 – $22.51 per hour
Hours of Work: Various - Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends, up to 40 hours (.5 FTE)
Competition Number: 2019001-CYC-S
Location: Four Winds Shelter and/or Northern Lights, Dauphin, Manitoba
The Child and Youth Care Worker’s primary responsibility is to provide the daily basic care including the emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs of the youth residing at Four Wind’s Shelter and/or Northern Lights, while maintaining a safe, stable and nurturing environment.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Provide basic housekeeping duties, including cooking and meal preparation (breakfast, dinner, supper and snacks).
- Reporting broken or damaged property, inclu ding general maintenance.
- Ability to follow daily routine duties and procedures, including wake up calls and bed time procedures.
- Ability to monitor and assess television, video and computer use, according to age appropriate rating.
- Ability to administer medication as directed.
- Ability to perform daily documentation, including incident reports, menu planning and revisions (listing of allergies), discharge reports, daily logs, assessment binders, financial logs (household, recreation, allowance and restitution) admissions, including photographs, MAR sheets, fire drill logs.
- Providing transportation, supervision and support to any supported family visit or scheduled appointment, including completing documentation and providing communication of treatment plan.
- Ability to determine appropriate disciplinary actions for youth on disciplinary action, documenting and communicating to other staff team members, the reason for discipline and duration of discipline, review and assess youth’s progress after disciplinary action date.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated understanding of Metis Culture and Communities
- Grade 12
- Current Non-Violet Crisis Intervention would be an asset
- Current CPR and Emergency First Aid would also be an asset
- Ability to cook
- Ability to maintain highly sensitive and confidential information
- Strong interpersonal, administrative, organization and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi task and prioritize
- Ability to determine and assess potentially dangerous situations
- Ability to stabilize and provide safely to residents and staff
- An Acceptable Child Abuse Registry Check, Prior Contact Check and Criminal Records Check
- Access to a reliable vehicle and possession of a valid Manitoba driver’s license as travel within the communities is required.
Please submit your resume under cover letter stating competition number to:
Michif Child and Family Services,
Attention: Human Resources
Applications will be accepted until 12:00 pm, Friday, January 18, 2019.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to Metis and/or Inuit applicants.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.98 to $22.51 /hour