Class 1 Driver
At the Northern Group of Companies, we are committed to provide equal opportunity, personal and professional development, and a rewarding work environment for career progression. We recognize that our most valuable asset is our employees.
JOB – CLASS 1 DRIVERS
· Full Time Seasonal, 65-75 hours weekly
· Work Location: New Brunswick
· Wage is based on experience and qualifications
· Job Duration: 6-8 months per year with potential work extension in other divisions pending ongoing projects
· Chip Seal projects: Operate a Tandem for aggregate hauling when doing chip seal projects.
· Road Recycling projects: Float & Operate Heavy Equipment from a job site to another when conducting Road Recycling operations.
· Micro Surfacing projects: operate the screed or coordinate the trucks when backing up to the machine and make sure the hoses are connected.
· Civil Earthworks: Operate the Water truck or Twin Steer Tandems with a tag trailer.
· Highway Paving: Hauling Asphalt, Milling or Aggregates with a 40ft trailer.
· Guide Rail Installation: Operate the Auger Truck or Rock Drill for soil drilling.
· Floating Heavy Equipment, Mobile Crushers, and Asphalt Plants
· Keep a legal logbook and all required records (i.e. Pre-trip inspections).
· Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
· Other related duties as required.
· **Variety roles, please call at 506-473-1822, email or message us on Facebook for more information**
· Education and Experience. Minimum 1 year of truck driving experience preferred. New Truck Driver apprentice are welcome to apply, we will train you on logbooks and driving!
· Looking for a versatile person that can execute different tasks involving truck driving and operate heavy equipment in Road Recycling, Micro Surfacing, Civil Earthworks, Asphalt, Crushing, Guard Rail and Chip Seal operations.
· Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with management, fellow employees.
· Must be able to work under pressure in some situations
· Must possess a valid Class 1 driver's license and good abstract
· **Must be willing to work away from home Monday to Friday and travelling.
· **Available to work long hours and weekends when necessary
· Must support and abide by the company's safety policies and initiatives
WHY CHOOSE NORTHERN GROUP OF COMPANIES?
- Meal Allowance and Paid hotels
- Travel Accommodations to site
- Team Environment Oriented
- Career Advancement Opportunity
- On-Boarding Training Videos
- On the Job training thru our Mentorship Program
- Off Season Training Program
We have implemented a Pandemic Response Plan for the health & safety of our staff, clients, sub-contractors, and the general public.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Job Type: Full-time
- Heavy Equipment Operation: 1 year (Preferred)
- truck driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- New Brunswick (Preferred)
- English or French (Required)