Delta Star is a leading transformer manufacturing company seeking a mechanical design engineer at our St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Québec facility.
To be considered for this position the candidate must be a certified OIQ Engineer (Junior engineer status will not be considered).
The incumbent will execute and validate the mechanical design, calculations (internal arc, internal arc resistance of the tanks, seismic, etc.) and the documents requested by the customer. It also involves making and validating power transformer drawings, plans and diagrams in accordance with customer specifications, company standards and international standards taking into account the best approach in terms of cost and quality.
Direct report to: Engineering Manager
- Prepare and track documents requiring client approval and follow-up with them.
- Perform mechanical design calculation, seismic, internal arc resistance of tanks, material withstand/stresses.
- Participate in design and gate reviews with customer and other internal functions.
- Prepare manufacturing/fabrication drawings.
- Present new ideas in design stage. Solve technical issues during design stage.
- Search and analyze new products and trend in the market. Apply them into the new designs.
- Prepare bill of material, check and validate tank fabrication drawing, final as-build drawings, customer manuals and other related documents.
- Provide technical support to designers, junior engineers, other departments, sub suppliers and customers
- Provide coaching, training, inspecting and mentoring of designers and junior engineers.
- Review customer specification.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (must be certified engineer, junior status will not be considered)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical design;
- Experience in the transformer industry would be preferable;
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D assisted design, Inventor and Auto-Cad software;
- Knowledge of MS Office software;
- Knowledge of project management, time and priority management;
- French and English bilingualism in written and spoken.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and popularize business issues.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-site environment.
- Stress tolerance of multiple deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, analytical thinking and synthesis skills, leadership, pro-activity, self-reliance and strong customer focus.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D assisted design, Inventor and Auto-Cad software.
- Experience with Microsoft D365 or other ERP systems.
- Experience in Product Manufacturing Development and R&D with power products (power electronics, power distribution systems, circuit breakers, switchgear, inverters, etc.) in a factory environment.
WHY JOIN DELTA STAR:
- Competitive compensation
- Wonderful and stimulating work environment and teammates
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, and more)
- Employer contribution to a retirement pension plan
- On-site Parking (Free)
- On-site cafeteria with discounted food meal.
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Possibility of working from home office one day per week.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Mechanical Design: 5 years (preferred)
- French (preferred)
- English (preferred)
- Member of OIQ (Not junior status) (required)