Who We Are: Campbellford Memorial Hospital is a 34-bed health care facility located in Trent Hills. As the only hospital located between Belleville and Peterborough, CMH provides a comprehensive array of acute care services. Together we ensure our patients receive the right care in the right place at the right time. We have a sustainable vision for the future: building upon our existing strengths, being a recognized leader in rural healthcare, and creating a healthy community through service excellence, effective partnerships and a health hub model of care. We are extremely proud of our team – warm, caring professionals who take a genuine interest in our patients. We passionately pursue excellence, and create a better experience by putting our best selves forward every day.
Position Description: This position ensures staff are booked to work in accordance with Collective Agreements, Hospital policies and procedures, and employment legislation. This position directly impacts the accuracy and effectiveness of the payroll function. Scheduling of staff is completed using an electronic process and is proactive with preplanning of schedules but also reactive to cover unexpected absences and vacant shifts. The position requires the ability to contribute to ongoing quality assurance and process improvement initiatives. Additionally, this position fulfills the role as a Unit Clerk part-time and is responsible for clerical – receptionist duties and the effective coordination of the communication network on the nursing unit to facilitate patient care and contribute to the overall functioning of the nursing department. The position participates in hospital quality improvement activities and is an active member on selected committees and/or task forces.
- Unit Clerk/Medical Secretarial Course or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years’ experience in staff scheduling using an automated system preferred
- Two years’ experience in a healthcare setting as a Unit clerk preferred
Skills/Abilities Required and Preferred:
- Computer competency in use of Microsoft Office Suite, ie. Word, Excel and E-mail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to use professional tact and diplomacy during difficult conversations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use critical thinking skills to solve problems effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and complete work within set deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize tasks
- Demonstrates an understanding of ethical behaviours and confidentiality requirement in a health care institution
- Demonstrates good attendance and punctuality with the ability to maintain this standard
- Accurate data entry skills (40wpm)
- Good medical terminology and short-form skills
- Professional, calm, pleasant approach to deal with changing environment and workload
- Ability to work in a safe manner, consistent with policies for patient and employee safety
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain good attendance and punctuality
We thank all applicants for their interest in Campbellford Memorial Hospital. In an effort to promote employment equity, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals including Aboriginal persons, immigrants, members of minority groups, women and persons with disabilities.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Unit Clerk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)