TORONTO GRACE HEALTH CENTRE: Join our Team!
The Toronto Grace Health Centre (TGHC) is a 119-bed facility owned and operated by The Salvation Army located in the heart of downtown Toronto. Toronto Grace is renowned for the compassion, clinical excellence and patient-centered care we provide for individuals with multifaceted chronic diseases who require Complex Continuing Care (CCC), Post-Acute Care Rehabilitation (PACR) and Palliative Care.
We are actively recruiting for REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
Full Time for Complex Continuing Care -CUPE
Position Summary and Responsibility:
The Registered Practical Nurse provides excellent patient and family centered nursing care in complex patient environment in a culturally sensitive manner. Establishes caring, therapeutic relationships with patients and their families to attain or maintain optimal functioning by promoting health and/or treating health conditions through supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means.
- Current Certificate of Competence issued by the College of Nurses’ of Ontario in good standing
- College Diploma as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience, experience in continuing complex care an asset
- Experience working with medically complex patients in acute care hospital an asset
- Ability to work as a member of the chronic care team within the unit’s mission statement
- Able to establish therapeutic relationships with patients and families
- Commitment to continuous improvement, learning and evidence-based practice
- Demonstrated resilience to adapt in an ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated, compassionate individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Strong time management skills, excellent attendance record
- Demonstrated skills in applicable computer software applications
- Ability to meet bone fide occupational requirements as outlined in the Job Demands Analysis
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter. Please visit our website to learn more about the rewards of building a career at the Toronto Grace Health Centre: www.torontograce.org We are a “Great Place to Work”. Toronto Grace Health Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify the Human Resources Department.
The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre has been accredited with a 4 year Exemplary Standing in 2016 by Accreditation Canada
Thank you for your interest in The Toronto Grace Health Centre. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reference ID: RPN-FT-CCC3
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- mechanical ventilation: 1 year (Preferred)