Referrals Clerk/Field Technician
Department: Economic Development
Hours: 35 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Title and Rights Administrator
Summary of Organizational Responsibilities:
This position REQUIRES a solid understanding of Canadian Indigenous culture, history and rights - as such, it is well suited for a person of Canadian Indigenous heritage. Referrals Clerk/Field Technician is responsible for data entry and management of all referrals into the database, deciphering maps based on project location. Participating in environmental, archaeological, forestry field work, and writing PFR reports. As well as attending meetings, completing tasks as the Title and Rights Administrator requires.
Duties and Tasks:
· Communications (reports, presentations, emails, proposals);
· Maintains a comprehensive filing system for the Referrals Department;
· Has availability of flexible work hours and travel needs;
· Data entry for all referral files;
· Complete Environmental, Archaeological and Forestry field work as required;
· Attend meetings as required;
· Write PFR reports as required;
· Interviewing community members on current and historical resource use in the Nlaka’pamux Territory; and
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Title and Rights Administrator.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation (Mandatory);
· Post-secondary education in a diploma program or undergraduate degree in a related field such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Aboriginal Studies, Natural Resources, Environmental Management, or a related field is an asset; and or one (1) or more years’ experience doing field work, forestry/environmental; or an equivalent combination of skills, knowledge and experience;
· Excellent oral and written communications skills;
· Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher;
· Ability to review and decipher maps;
· Attention to detail related to note taking, and field sampling duties; and
· Personal Protective Equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel toed boots, hi-vis vest) required.
· Occasional travel may be required;
· Outdoor work, subject to all weather conditions and terrain;
· High paced work environment;
· Long hours of work may be required; and
· Ability to attend internal and external meetings, often after business hours.
Apply at: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/lnib
Interested candidates should include a resume and cover letter complete with references, specifying the position you are applying for.
Thanks to all who apply, only qualified candidates will be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
During Covid 19 we have a work from home option, this position also requires some field trips to outside work crews
- technician: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19