POSITION TITLE: Quality Assurance Associate
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
COMPANY: BZAM Cannabis Corp.
REPORTING: Quality Assurance Manager
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager and designated management as required, the Quality Assurance Associate is responsible for supporting the Quality Assurance initiatives within the department to ensure that cannabis products produced meet the organization’s objectives for quality, safety, regulatory and customer expectations in accordance with the Cannabis Regulations.
BZAM Cannabis is as awesome as it sounds! We are an integrated cannabis company whose mission and brand stand for quality and integrity. Our commitment to excellence, service and employee satisfaction is demonstrated in our agile and strategic approach to market entry and investment in our people. As an emerging company in a rapid growth industry, BZAM’s innovative and accomplished leadership team is the cornerstone of our business and portfolio development.
- Support the Quality Assurance Department in implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality Management Programs and projects to ensure Good Production Practices (GPP) compliance under the Cannabis Act/Regulations; work cross-departmentally to implement SOPs (i.e., Operations, Regulatory, Security);
- Assist in implementation of training programs around SOPs pertaining to GPP and Record Keeping Compliance; collaborate training programs with People and Culture and assess training gaps continuously;
- Support the QA Department’s quality control programs/systems for cannabis storage;
- Assist in the implementation of programs around GPP & Record Keeping Methods for sanitation of premises, equipment, cleanliness, hygienic behaviour of personnel, and facility maintenance;
- Collaborate with Regulatory and Security Departments to develop and perform internal audits regularly to determine quality assurance compliance according to Cannabis Regulations; and
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices for the provisions of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations that apply to the license holder.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- BSc. in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology or Food Science, obtained or recognized by a Canadian University;
- 3+ years’ professional experience in Quality Assurance/Control in a production environment;
- Preferred knowledge of plant chemistry, extraction and formulation systems, and chromatographic techniques;
- Recent criminal record check completed (required prior to hiring);
- Solid ERP, MS Office Suite, Adobe Pro, G-Suite and additional technical proficiency; and
- Valid security clearance (ACMPR or Cannabis Regulations).
You are FOCUSED, DETAIL ORIENTED, and METHODICAL. Nothing gets by you and you are a master at time management.
You are a RESEARCH GURU, proficient in researching and retaining complicated compliance knowledge.
You are ORGANIZED and strongly skilled in project management.
- Proven knowledge and demonstrable experience in the stated responsibilities of the position (i.e., Food, Pharma, NHP);
- Experience in creating and supporting process enhancement initiatives to maintain an environment of continuous learning and improvement;
- Preferred experience with cGMP, GAP, GLP, HACCP, ISO and FDA;
- Preferred experience with design inspection methods, fabrication, and production of medical cannabis; and
- Experience working with technical reports, hazard critical control analysis, and inspecting production resources and materials.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- Extended Health and Dental Group Benefits and Health Care Spending Account*
- RRSP Matching Program and TFSA options*
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
Expected start date: 2021-08-16
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
BZAM Cannabis Co. is committed to following all provincial and federal public health authority guidance pertaining to COVID-19