This position will be located at:
West Lincoln Memorial Hospital
Community Prg, West Niagara
Hours per week:
Number of Openings:
Jun 16, 2021, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External:
Jun 23, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
Emergency services at WLMH provides acute care for both adults and children. The WLMH hospital’s focus is primary care with strong partnerships for referrals to higher levels of care with surrounding tertiary facilities.
As a member of the health care team, provides clerical and administrative support to patients, families and those providing service and/or care.
Schedule Work Hours
Days, evenings. nights, weekends and holidays
1. Minimum grade 12 education
2. Minimum Level One Medical Terminology
3. Minimum of one (1) year clerical experience in a health care setting with Meditech
4. Proficient in Windows 95, Word, Excel, Outlook
5. Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families and other members of the health care team, both verbal and written
6. Ability to work under pressure in a busy, high stress area
7. Ability to set priorities and organize work accordingly
8. Ability to demonstrate attributes that contributes to a respectful caring environment
9. Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
Hamilton Health fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All Internal applicants may apply online through the Careers website or by submitting a Competition Application Form. External applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact the Human Resources Service Centre at 1-877-667-2700 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during the interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset.
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
- Article 30 (k) – CUPE Collective Agreement
- Article 10.7 (d) – ONA Collective Agreement
- Article 13.01 (b) (ii) – OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
- Article 14.04 – OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
- Article 2.07 and Article 13 – PIPSC RT Collective Agreement