Personal Support Workers (PSW) are invited to apply for Part Time (30 & 45 hrs bi-weekly) positions to work at our 128 bed Long-Term Care Home in Port Hope, Ontario- located very close to the 401!! We have a variety of Day, Evening and Night positions available.
Why choose us??
We have just added on 18 new permanent postings. Working at Extendicare Port Hope you will have Resident assignments as low as 1:6 or 7 on Days and 1:8 on Evenings! You will be joining a team that dedicated and knowledgable. We have innovative scheduling. Throughout this pandemic time we have offered all Part Time employees additional hours up to full time based on their preference.
Under the direction of Registered Staff, the PSW provides direct personal and nursing care to residents so as to fulfil the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents in accordance to home polices, procedure and work routines.
- Assists in providing direct care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming.
- Assists with meal service and provides assistance as required.
- Adheres to established departmental polices and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Participates in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
- Completed a PSW Program that meets the appropriate standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Career Colleges, or the Ontario Community Support Association and must be a minimum of 600 hours in duration (including class time and practical experience time)
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact: ygaudaur@extendicare .com.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent