Real Estate Wire, is a real estate marketplace and information hub in BC and Ontario.
Whether you're buying, selling, learning, or simply perusing, REW provides you with a fast and easy home search experience, and arms you with the information and connections you need to take on your real estate goals.
REW has grown exponentially year over year since we opened our doors in 2011. We attribute our success to our remarkable and hard-working team, who come into work every day dedicated to creating the best possible experience for our customers.
Our goal is to be the #1 source for real estate search across Canada, and the industry leader in the evolution of home search behaviour.
REW is seeking a QA Analyst to play a key role in testing REW.ca web applications, including functional review, test planning, environment setup, test case creation, functional and regression testing, and bug creation and validation.
This is a diverse role ideal for someone who enjoys owning all aspects of testing and participating in product release including planning releases and generating release documents. As an QA Analyst you will be a member of an agile development team and will test new features for functionality and user experience. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a set of test scripts to test functionality and responsible for performing automated testing. You will work closely with other software developers and analysts to understand what the product is meant to do, to identify issues in design and development, and to provide recommendations for improvements.
The Right Fit
- You are eager to ship often & iterate quickly
- You have worked collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints and releases
- Your past work has demonstrated creative thinking, effective problem solving and attention to detail, and you have the ability to explain your design rationale, articulate your testing process and explain the reasoning behind your decisions
- You thrive under pressure and easily manage multiple demands in a deadline-driven environment
- You consistently maintain a positive attitude and respond well to feedback
- You delight in learning, as well as tackling new and disruptive technologies, and enjoy solving hard problems under tight deadlines
Skills + Requirements
- 3+ years testing on web and mobile applications
- Browser based testing experience with different web and mobile platforms (IE, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox)
- Experienced with automated testing tools, Selenium and Chrome Developer Tools
- Expertise of ad hoc database queries using SQL or SQL tools
- Communication and technical writing skills necessary to produce formal test specifications and test plans
- Strong presentation skills to present test results to individuals and groups
- Analytical, problem solving, time management, priority allocation and task management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable working with Cloud Platforms and CIs
- Bachelor of Computer Science or a similar technical degree
Life at REW
Based in Olympic Village in Vancouver, REW has an open and casual work environment, but we know how to buckle down to get a project in on deadline. Our office is fast-paced and target-driven, and our employees have the freedom to manage their own time and projects.
We want REW to be an amazing place to work, and we take care of our team. REW was recently awarded by “Great Place to Work”. In addition to competitive compensation and bonus incentives, we provide a comprehensive benefits package, professional development budget and fun team events.
Send your resume and cover letter with ‘QA Analyst’ as the subject. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time