Pickering Casino Resort & Casino Ajax are seeking Bartenders!
Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s Pickering Casino Resort and Casino Ajax Food & Beverage team!
This exciting career opportunity at Casino Ajax and the new Pickering Casino Resort is seeking dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed, strong guest relations and supervisory skills; responsibilities of this role will align with the position of Bartender at Casino Ajax and Pickering Casino Resort.
Upon opening and under the general direction of the Restaurant Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage service with an upbeat and positive attitude. The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing and ensuring guest satisfaction in a professional manner. This role must contribute to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees and must demonstrate the ability to multi-task in a fast-pace environment. Above all else, this position must lead by example to create Great Experiences and Memories for all guests and colleagues!
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
· Provides exceptional customer service to guests in an upbeat, positive and professional manner;
· Ensure safe and responsible service relative to all aspects of the sale and service of all beverage products including setting a drink rate, avoiding intoxication and inform all co-workers of guests being monitored;
· Follow and complete all cash out procedures accurately;
· Settle cash and debit/credit card payments with all patrons;
· Follow opening and closing bar procedures;
· Ensure appropriate inventory supply of alcoholic beverages and other related products;
· Ensure proper cleaning and operation of glass washer;
· Complete spillage documentation of all alcoholic beverages;Complete daily inventory and waste sheets prior to the end of the shift;
· Strong knowledge of standard drink recipes, menus and buffet items;
· Complete knowledge of the P.O.S. system;
· Ensure preventative maintenance of glass washer, coffee maker, pizza warmer and other related equipment;
· Comply with all alcohol related house policies, practices and Smart Serve guidelines;
· Maintain personal cash float and complete cash out procedures;
· Communicate all beverage alcohol activities at break and shift end;
· Ensure compliance with company’s health and safety policies and adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
· A secondary school diploma or equivalent working experience and education;
· Minimum 2 years of bartending experience in a high volume establishment;
· Valid Smart Serve Certificate required;
· Previous cash handling and P.O.S system experience required;
· Strong wine and beverage knowledge;
· Must be people-focused, professional and committed to service excellence;
· Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, customer service and communication skills;
· Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and management as part of a team
· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
· Ability to obtain registration as a Category 2 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
Pickering Casino Resort & Casino Ajax candidates must be ready and willing to work at both locations, a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work and location will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.15 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
- Bartending: 1 year (preferred)