NOTE: This is a couples position. Please submit cover letter and resume for each applicant.
Reports to: Owner
Salary: $2,500/month total for couple
Accommodations are included: ($1800/month value)
Start Date: April 1, 2019
End Date: ongoing
Located in beautiful Strathcona County, Kawtikh (caw-TEEK) RV Retreat is nestled on the north short of beautiful Hastings Lake in Alberta. Kawtikh is a destination RV park resort in one of Strathcona County's most treasured natural settings, focused on providing a serene lake setting for families to reconnect and enjoy nature.
We are looking for an RV Resort Manager (couple) who has just the right balance of management, bookkeeping, handyman skills and a real knack for great customer service. You will oversee and direct the day-to-day property management operations of our RV Resort.
As an RV Resort Manager, you will live on-site year round, with responsibility for the operational aspects and day-to-day contact for visitors and residents from March 15 to November 15. You will be on-call 24 hours a day and will be in charge of everything from administrative activities, property maintenance and human resource management to short term rentals and — most importantly — guest and resident relations. Ensuring a positive atmosphere and responsive service for the guests of our resort community will not only mean satisfied guests and long-term residents, but also better word-of-mouth referrals.
If you LOVE camping and cabin life, and love helping families make memories...we want to hear from you! If this opportunity energizes you and highlights your strengths, then we want to hear from you! Please tell us what makes you the perfect couple for this opportunity, and why we should hire you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills, interests and experience.
The RV Resort Manager (couple) will perform all job duties toward the goal of the best possible guest service.
- Registration Office/Store Management:
- Greeting customers and taking reservations
- Cash handling, basic bookkeeping, ordering supplies for store, stocking shelves, cleaning the store
- Record keeping, timesheets, daily closeout reconciliation
- Schedule, direct, support and supervise staff, if necessary
- Set up and maintain a communication method for staff in the office
- Schedule and monitor shift coverage
- Communicate any concerns or issues to Owner as soon as possible
- Assist in the overall park management by suggesting ideas and providing leadership when required
- Ensure all staff comply with company policies and procedures
- Ensure water and septic systems are appropriately managed
- Ensure grounds are maintained, and all buildings including bathrooms are spotless
- Resort cleanup, garbage removal, restroom maintenance, mowing, trimming, landscaping, irrigation
- Ensure all equipment/tools are in good operating condition and organize repairs as required
- Thorough cleaning of all of our public buildings and cabins
Skills / Experience / Job Requirements:
- Client/Customer Focus: Excellent customer service (past experience preferred)
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Relationships: Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to gain trust and respect quickly.
- Knowledge: Knowledge in property management, RV/Campground management an asset. Interested in Tourism.
- Enforcement: Understanding and applying enforcement policies to detect violations of legislation, identify conditions and/or persons responsible and take appropriate action.
- Maintenance: Experience with mechanical equipment and vehicles.
- Demeanor: Friendly and enthusiastic demeanor.
- Leadership: Demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Organization: Ability to organize and prioritize projects/tasks.
- Technology: Basic computer proficiency, including email, the internet and Microsoft Office. Will be required to maintain an accurate computerized guest reservation system.
- Be exposed to variable weather conditions
- Be exposed to noxious odors from car fumes; to dust, cleaning products and wet conditions
- Teamwork: Able to motivate self and team.
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- First Aid training
- Current criminal record clearance
- Possession of a Class 5 Drivers License
- English (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $2,500.00 /month
- Property Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)