The STEM Montessori Academy of Canada (SMAC - SIAC) is a registered not-for-profit organization specializing in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) programming open to all students with the mission to deliver top-notch STEM literacy and application.
The STEM program will educate students from preschool to high school. The SMAC will specialize in an advanced, bar-none STEM-based educational curriculum that emphasizes the interconnected subject areas of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM)
Who Should Apply? STEM Montessori Academy of Canada is seeking Enthusiastic, engaging university students, club facilitators, instructors or teachers with expertise in the subject areas for online programming for a 1 to 4 weeks contract position.
Shifts: Monday to Friday 9 am - 12 pm PST, or 1 pm - 4 pm PST. 3 hours per shift, 15 hours per week. Start times may vary.
**Candidates should be available for all these weeks for consideration. This temporary contract position is on an as-needed basis, and it is based on enrollment. The dates and shifts, and hours are not guaranteed.
Planned Start date July 19, 2021 End Date: August 27, 2021
**Candidates may be available for 1 consecutive week or all these weeks for consideration.
July 19, 2021, to July 23, 2021, * Five days
July 26, 2021, to July 30, 2021, * Five days
August 3, 2021, to August 6, 2021, * Four days
August 9, 2021, to August 13, 2021, * Five days
August 16, 2021, to August 20, 2021, * Five days
August 23, 2021, to August 27, 2021, * Five days
Compensation: $21.87 per hour
** YOU MUST HOLD A VALID VULNERABLE SECTOR POLICE CLEARANCE CHECK THAT IS VALID WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS.
The Robotics Instructor will have strong knowledge and experience in the field of Robotics and inspire future generations with meaningful, engaging sessions related to robotics in all environments.
- Be creative and innovative in the time spent with the children by planning and executing activities online related to robotics.
- Must be comfortable creating meaningful content related to robotics activities for children between the ages 7-17 years in a virtual environment.
- Be self-motivating and enthusiastic in carrying out the duties, fostering self-esteem, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ensure the atmosphere is inclusive, welcoming, and safe for all children. ·
- Provide positive role-modelling for child participants and volunteers to the program, always be polite and helpful, and smile and greet both parents and children.
- Provide weekly reports on your program, complete appropriate attendance records, daily log, and program plans as required. ·
- Be accepting of all children without regard to race, creed, religion, socioeconomic status, ·
** Vulnerable Sector police clearance check – A MUST within the last 12-months from the date of issue.
- Educational background and experience in relation to Robotics, Computer Science, Engineering, Coding, or relevant disciplines.
- Ability to be at least 1 full consecutive 5 days week from July 19, 2021, and August 27, 2021
- Exhibit personal suitability and flexibility
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Previous online teaching experience would be an asset.
· Post-secondary students and grad students welcome to apply.
We are strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome and encourage applications from all religious backgrounds, persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and others who can contribute to the diversification of our community. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 1-8 weeks
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Expected start date: 2021-07-19
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $21.87 per hour
Interviews will be conducted via Zoom