Position: Distribution District Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Regional Director, Distribution Services
Location: Goderich, ON
Division: Distribution Services
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
Want to be part of an exciting transformation? The Goderich Signal Star, a division of Postmedia Network Inc., is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented professional to fill the full-time position of Distribution District Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Organize the distribution and service of all publications handled by Postmedia Inc. out of Goderich, Ontario.
- Proactively resolve all related delivery and service problems
- Maintain acceptable service levels through the independent distributor delivery force
- Assist reader sales through support of home delivery and retail sales initiatives.
Who you are:
- Two (2) years relevant work experience, with some supervisory and previous distribution experience preferred. Previous experience working with contractors is a plus.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, communicating effectively with other employees and independent contractors while managing multiple tasks, work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – proficiency with Excel preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong-problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficient clerical, math and calculator skills.
- Ability to recruit and hire independent contractors (carriers and drivers).
- Ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute newspapers. Will push and pull carts loaded with newspapers and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing between up to 10 pounds.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and valid Ontario drivers’ license.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please include a cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: January 25, 2021
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Application Deadline: 2021-01-25
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent