The Hillman Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Field Sales Representative - Ontario
Director, Commercial Sales
Permanent, Full Time
55 Milne Avenue, moving to 900 Passmore Ave in 2019
Who We Are & What We Do:
The Hillman Group services a wide variety of customers in the Automotive, Industrial, Retail and Agricultural channels. We have products in Home Depot, Lowes, Canadian Tire, Walmart and more! Have you ever done any home improvement projects? If so, you likely know our products. The Hillman Group Canada employs over 700 employees in 2 manufacturing facilities and 7 distribution facilities
across Canada. We have a great group of professionals whose dedication and teamwork form the backbone of our company.
It’s an exciting time for our company! We are currently moving 7 buildings in the GTA into one brand new, state-of-the-art, 400,000 square foot facility (our “Modernization” project).
The Field Sales Representative role reports to the Regional Sales Manager – Western & Northern GTA and is responsible for driving sales within their defined territory (ON). Critical skills include the ability to manage key relationships, prioritize sales activities and to organize and maintain all monthly sales pipeline and financial reporting. They are also responsible to assist in forecasting.
- Maintain current customer base for all divisions of The Hillman Group Canada by providing customer service for all customers in the assigned territory.
- Make cold calls to acquire new business.
- Follow-up all sales leads given by the company.
- Return customer phone calls.
- Review each print and/or sample to identify what division could supply/manufacture the part.
- Follow-up all quotations with the customer for all divisions and negotiate pricing if needed.
- Resolve customer complaints i.e. invoicing, late delivery, quotations.
- Communicate orders placed by the customer.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Develop and demonstrate a positive “accident prevention” attitude and working climate
- Secondary school diploma or higher
- Minimum 5 years in an automotive aftermarket, industrial and OEM sales environment.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) specifically MS Excel and Outlook.
- Strategic thinker, good communicator and exceptional problem solver.
- Performs function with a sense of purpose and a degree of urgency.
- Creates a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills (oral & written).