POSITION: MEAL ADVISOR
M&M Food Market. Helping you make real food for real life.
M&M Food Market is a food retailer unlike any other; we don’t just sell products, we offer meal solutions and a unique shopping experience that helps to make customer’s everyday lives a little easier. We’ve been helping customers make delicious meals and entertain with ease for over 40 years!
Our Meal Advisors are truly the face of M&M Food Market. They have passion for food, can deliver exceptional customer service, and are willing to learn about our incredible lineup of wholesome and delicious products.
* Reporting to the Franchise Partner or Store Manager, the Meal Advisor* exhibits positive energy, provides knowledgeable service, and ensures a welcoming environment is presented to customers at all times. They are responsible for learning about products and promotions, receiving and organizing inventory, preparing product for customer sampling and light cleaning duties within the store.
- Is a people-person and can create a friendly, professional rapport with everyone they meet.
- Takes a genuine interest in customers and creating a delightful in-store experience, always taking into consideration the brand promise to help customers.
- Is hard-working and has a positive, can-do attitude towards working as part of the store team.
- Knows about and enjoys eating and preparing food! Can speak intelligently about food and meal preparation.
- Understands the challenges that time-starved, busy consumers face and can provide great meal and entertaining ideas/advice.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
** To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
- Sell all products within the M&M Food Market product lines. Complementary and suggestive selling techniques are extensively used.
- Provide exceptional customer service by giving specific and detailed product knowledge and giving the customer the best customer experience possible.
- Receive deliveries and organize products appropriately. This includes merchandising specific products for sale, and organizing products for storage in the freezer. Stock rotation is required in order to guarantee our products are always at the peak of freshness.
- Organize and maintain inventory counts.
- Facilitate sales promotions by preparing window signs, handling freezer door strips and removing old sales materials.
- Update menu/price boards as required.
- Provide general light store maintenance (cleaning counters, dusting shelves, etc.)
- Complete general banking procedures--including the organization of bank deposits.
- Utilize the Point of Sale computer system for sales information.
- Complete re-pricing of products as required for special sales promotions (flyers) or for price mark downs.
- Organize sampling programs, including the cooking and promotion of food. Adhere to strict quality and food safety standards.
- Implement appropriately the marketing program policies and procedures to all customers.
- Complete other related duties as required by the Franchise Partner or Store Manager.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build a friendly, professional rapport with customers
- Appropriate telephone etiquette
- Experience with computers in a Windows-based environment
- Motivated and willing to take initiative
- Ability to lift boxes which could weigh up to 40 pounds
- Willingness to work in a cold freezer environment
- Previous retail experience
- Reliable transportation to work
Location: 2436 Skaha Lake Road, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 6E9
Job Type: Part-time