Are you great at telling the company’s brand story? Do you have a gift for making people take action? Are you ready for something big?
Dogs Naturally is a savvy, fast growing company. Our exceptional team is obsessed and passionate about customer-centric marketing and we’re on a mission to help dogs and their people live healthier, sustainable lives. We are keen on training and development and we continually invest in talent and growth.
As Editorial Manager you’re the “voice” of each property. You’re responsible for all content being produced on each website. You’re responsible for publishing fresh, relevant content to all of our properties. You’re responsible for the quality of the content being produced. In addition, you’re also responsible for diversity in content as to keep our readers engaged.
You’re also responsible for identifying trends in data that may reflect an opportunity or possible weakness in the business. This includes, but is not limited to, the metrics such as time on site, bounce rate, page depth, general rankings, “googleability”, and more.
You also understand SEO and how to maintain high ranking pages on a large website.
You will have a constant pulse on the organic atmosphere of each property, the content, and need to focus on presenting data, and constantly checking the quality and efficiency of our content efforts.
You are responsible for overseeing the layout of each post coordinating with graphics, video, and ad manager to ensure our post are of high quality and “look and feel good” so our advertising manager is comfortable driving traffic to our posts. You will coordinate with Acquisition Manager on completed posts and collaborate with them to place native ads that are relevant to our audience. You'll also coordinate with our SEO team to ensure each page ranks organically.
- Work with CEO to establish and evaluate the data both short and long term.
- Develop and manage a content marketing strategy that supports organizational goals across all brands and customer avatars, from the top to the bottom of the marketing and sales funnel including increasing brand and offer awareness, growing website traffic, generating leads, acquiring customers and retaining customers.
- Oversee existing content team and support team growth, development, and implementation of new initiatives.
- Develop and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) that reflect the objectives of the organization.
- Create, edit, and manage the production of digital and print content that is consistent with the organization’s brand, style, and tone.
- Develop and maintain a content calendar that attracts and appeals to the organization’s target customer avatars.
- Creation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the planning, execution, optimization, distribution, and amplification of the organization’s content.
- Managing in-house and outsourced content creators, editors, data analysts, graphic designers, videographers, developers, SEO team, etc.
- Plan and monitor keywords, content consumption, and consistently improve traffic and search engine rankings.
- Monitoring and reporting on content marketing metrics and KPIs.
Qualifications and Skills
As Content Marketing Manager, you'll need the following skills:
- At least 5 years experience in a content strategy role
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Experience in and strong understanding of digital marketing and social media
- Proven ability writing and producing social, video and written content that perdsuades
- A deep understanding of social strategy and SEO and a hunger to keep up with emerging trends
- Knowledge of Wordpress and CMS
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines and work on multiple projects at once
- Bonus points if you love dogs or natural health.
Why You'll Love Working At Dogs Naturally
You won't miss the traffic or the bureaucracy found in large companies in big cities. We're located south of Barrie, just 45 minutes from Toronto.
We're passionate about dogs and the people who love them and we always make sure the customer experience is top notch.
This is an exciting role for someone who can deliver generous, valuable content in a forward thinking, fast growing company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Content Marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)