Who we are:
Huronia Historical Parks:
The ministry operates and maintains two historic attractions. Sainte-Marie among the Hurons in Midland (1639-1649) is a reconstruction of the 17th century headquarters of the French Jesuit mission to the Huron people. It was the first European community in Ontario and home to six of the eight North American Jesuit martyrs. Discovery Harbour in Penetanguishene represents the period from 1817 to 1856 when the Royal Navy and the British Army maintained a naval dockyard and military garrison at this strategic defence station on Georgian Bay. Discovery Harbour is the home of replica vessels and the King's Wharf Theatre offers professional summer theatre.
What we are looking for:
An innovative and creative individual to develop and implement marketing strategies to attract visitors to our sites.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- plan, develop, coordinate and implement a comprehensive marketing, sales and attractions' promotion program to stimulate public, community and business interest,
- implement and coordinate promotional initiatives to maximize return on investment;
- manage advertising campaigns and direct external media;
- develop appropriate communication materials and ensure effective internal and external communication flow;
- plan and implement HHP corporate sales and visitor information services.
This position requires frequent travel between sites and occasional weekend and evening work.
How do I qualify?
Management & Leadership Skills:
- you can effectively lead, manage and direct a diverse group of staff and project teams;
- you are able to train, motivate, recruit staff and provide professional marketing and sales services advice.
Communication, Negotiation & Consultation Skills:
- you have expert knowledge of media relations, journalism, advertising, tourism promotion, attraction marketing, publications, sales and information services and market research;
- you can plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate a comprehensive marketing, sales service and attractions' promotion program to industry standards.
Administrative & Organizational Skills:
- you have excellent oral and written presentation skills;
- you can develop and implement corporate strategies which promote marketing plans and develop guidelines;
- you can effectively consult and advise managers and partners on corporate communication plans, issues, strategies and priorities.
- you are organized and can work under pressure meeting deadlines;
- you can manage budgets, evaluate effectiveness of marketing and sales programs for a diverse range of customers and clients of our tourist attractions.
1 Permanent, 16164 Hwy 12, Midland, Central Region
Management Compensation Plan
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Communications; Marketing and Creative Services
Monday, February 24, 2020