CareRx is Canada’s leading provider of specialty pharmacy services to seniors. We serve more than 96,000 residents in over 1,600 seniors and other communities (long-term care homes, retirement homes, assisted living facilities, and group homes). We are a national organization with a large network of pharmacy fulfillment centres that allows us to deliver medications in a timely and cost-effective manner. We take an active role in working with our home operator partners to promote resident health, staff education, and medication system quality and efficiency.
Whether you do your best work in a dispensary, in a clinical setting, in an office, or on the road, we have a place for you.
Under the general direction of the designated Pharmacy Manager, the Registered Pharmacy Technician is responsible for ensuring that all prescriptions are dispensed accurately. Prescriptions are to be dispensed in compliance with provincial and federal laws, standards and regulations which govern the practice of pharmacy. We are committed to providing excellent patient care, with superior communication skills within a fast-paced environment that services the needs of our Homes. We provide an employee friendly team environment in which goal-oriented individuals thrive as they achieve demanding challenges
Your Day To Day
- Collaborate with all members of the pharmacy team to ensure medication orders are dispensed accurately, safely, timely and completely while optimizing medication continuity and resident outcomes
- Complete daily pharmacy dispensing tasks in accordance with established work place policies and procedures
- Consult with members of the pharmacy management team when there are unresolved issues surrounding day to day work functions
- Communicate with all members of the resident care team while maintaining professionalism by following corporate policies to ensure the highest standard of customer care, optimal resident care and quality of pharmacy service
- Maintain accurate, organized and complete resident health records ensuring appropriate documentation and continuity of care at all times
- Follow all provincial and federal laws, standards and regulations which govern the practice of pharmacy at all times
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring of pharmacy inventory
- Participate in the training and support for newly hired and existing pharmacy team members when required
- Participate in ongoing continuing education, remaining current in pharmaceutical, medical and professional licensing information in addition to corporate updates, policies, and standards
- Prepare and compound medications as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
What You Bring To The Team
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in a related program
- Current registration and in good standing with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia (RPhT)
- Proficiency in eMAR (Catalyst oneMAR, Mede-Care and Point Click Care (PCC) software) an asset
- Experience with Kroll strongly preferred
- Ability to build and maintain strong team relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work demands
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage work flow and priorities in order to meet dead lines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with persons of varying levels of professional expertise in a professional and mature manner
- Must be self-directed requiring minimal supervision and able to work independently
- Understanding of provincial regulations governing LTC homes and Retirement Communities
- Motivated to achieve results that reflect a high standard of quality
CareRx welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must successfully pass satisfactory background screening (depending on the role - Criminal Record Check, Credit Check, Driver’s Abstract, Education Verification, Current Professional Registration) and referencing. Background screening will be completed after an offer of employment has been extended and accepted.