In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position. Within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Supply Clerk is responsible to place orders utilizing on-line purchasing system. Complete purchase requisitions for special orders. Receive and stock supplies; identify discrepancies and refer to others. Perform inventory duties in storeroom, at nursing stations and in first aid room; take physical inventory counts, identify depleting stock and place orders as necessary to maintain established inventory levels. Attend to request for supplies. Respond to general inquiries related to inventory and order status. Maintain linen supplies. Pick up and deliver autoclaving and vaccines. Contact others to arrange for waste removal pick up.
1. Places supply orders utilizing on line system; enters established product codes according to instructions. Completes purchase requisitions for special orders; obtains approvals and contacts suppliers to place orders.
2. Receives and stocks supplies; receives goods, checks packing slips and/or purchase requisitions, records quantities received and identifies shortages, damaged materials and/or substitutions and other discrepancies and refers to supervisor.
3. Performs inventory duties in storeroom, at nursing stations and in first aid room; takes physical inventory counts and checks for expiration dates of vaccines. Identifies depleting stock and places orders as necessary to maintain established inventory levels.
4. Attends to request for supplies; records and discusses requirements with others. Respond to general inquiries related to inventory and order status. Maintains linen supplies; contacts supplier to order various linens supplies as necessary.
5. Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as logs and filing systems for shipping transactions. Contacts printing department to order forms and other documents.
6. Picks up and delivers autoclaving and vaccines; records daily logs are ensures proper storage and handling of items. Contacts others to arrange for waste removal pick up.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
- Grade 12. One year recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to operate a computerized purchasing system
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize and prioritize.