CVE Inc. Career and Vocational Evaluations has been providing unparalleled services to the community, employers, insurance providers, worker compensation boards, and various government departments and agencies since 1993. We specialize in providing employment, disability and claims management services that will M.O.V.E YOU through Medical, Occupational, Vocational, and Employment Services necessary to either resolve disability questions or secure long-standing employment success. CVE Inc. takes pride in its community programs, clinical services and its staff.
Employment Counsellor is responsible for supporting Participants through 3 major phases of the YESS Program: Pre-Employment Program, Employment Program and the School Sponsorship Program. The EIS ensures that the participants will successfully complete the different programs offered within the YESS Program under the supervision of the YESS Program Project Coordinator. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists the Project Coordinator to evaluate the Participant’s potential for competitive employment.
- Works with the Project Coordinator to identify the suitable programs (pre-employment or employment programs) in order to validate a proper sequence of activities for the participants
- Consults with the Project Coordinator for a change of plan and solutions if the participants are unsuccessful with a program
- Motivates the participants’ initiative within the YESS Program
- Manages a caseload of diverse job seekers and provides culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment and one-to-one and group employment counselling
- Provides pre-employment preparation and employability one on one/group sessions and conducts mock interviews and offers participant’s constructive feedback
- Provides guidance/counselling on developing good work habits and marketable skills
- Provides active case management services for participants.
- Monitors participant progress, keeps thorough case notes, monitors/maintains internal reporting to ensure data integrity and compliance
- Assesses participant needs, guides participants in developing career and/or employment goals and develops an action plan in collaboration with the participant (follow up with the vocational evaluator as required to clarify or investigate suitable occupation).
- With guidance from the Project Coordinator, identifies barriers to employment and discusses solutions and accommodations
- Develops cover letters and resumes based upon participants’ goals and transferable skills
- Represents CVE positively in the community, participates in career fairs and seeks out other outreach opportunities for the purpose of marketing of CVE’s programs and services
- Performs marketing to health care/community/employment agencies to encourage new referrals
- Liaise with employers and community professionals to create competitive employment opportunities for YESS participants through the advertised and hidden job market (cold calls, speculative emails, site visits)
- Develop and implement marketing and outreach strategy to target and connect with employers throughout the region
- Develop and pursue job leads and maintain an employer registry in system
· Bilingual (French & English) Oral and written
· Completion of University Degree or College Diploma
· Valid driver’s licence and vehicle
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong team player
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong marketing skills
· Experience working with youth and individuals with disabilities
Immediate full-time position on year to year contract basis.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Counselling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19