Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Collaborating with the Manager, you will utilize your leadership skills in ensuring the day to day operations of the clinic, including a shared responsibility to ensure adequate staffing according to clinic and patient needs within budget constraints. You will share your expert level knowledge and skills in procedures and wound management from a vascular, orthopedic and plastics surgical perspective, and mentor other clinic staff which promotes their professional growth. You will be responsible for providing quality patient centered care to a diverse patient population based on the philosophy and conceptual framework of Nursing at the Scarborough Health Network.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 5 years recent Surgical experience in Plastics, Orthopedics and/or Vascular services
- Current BCLS
- Wound care certificate required from IIWCC or accredited alternative
- Experience in wound care required
- Debriding expertise required
- knowledge of appropriate indications and applications of advanced wound care products
- Ability to recognize and coordinate learning opportunities for staff
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Ability to work independently and carry a busy workload
- Patient Assessment and Health Promotion/Teaching skills
- Willingness to work with mixed aggregation of patients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, time-management and team building skills
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as an interprofessional team member in a fast paced demanding environment
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to SHN’s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN's Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
- Graduate of a Masters in Nursing program
- Graduate of a Bachelor of Nursing program
- Working knowledge of staff and patient scheduling an asset
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers