Sprung’s Western Tent & Awning is a member of the Sprung Group of Companies in business since 1887, and is an industry leader in the local manufacturing and installation of awning systems, canopies, and shade systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking to fill a full-time position as an Awning Installer immediately for our production facility. This position is responsible for the safe and proper installation of our in-house made retractable awning systems, commercial canopies and shade systems as well as the assembly of rental tents from inventory on various client sites throughout the Calgary area. With the installation of the various products, candidates must have the ability to physically lift items and/or accessories and work in a wide variety of conditions.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in installation of awnings, canopies and/or shade systems, and comfortable with a wide variety of power tools.
- Fall protection training and manlift and/or forklift ticket preferred.
- Valid Class 5 non-GDL driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Experience leading a small team is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines with a great safety record.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Sprung’s Western Tent & Awning runs a typical dayshift during the week with the occasional overtime as needed. All offers will be subject to the condition of a clean driver’s abstract and reference check and all candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Wage is negotiable based upon experience.
Please note that due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Awning installation: 5 years (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)