Job title :
MHSU TREATMENT SUPPORT & RECOVERY (TSR) WORKER | ADULT COMMUNITY SUPPORT SERVICES (ACSS)
PERMANENT PART TIME (0.85 FTE)
We are hiring a permanent part time (0.85 FTE) Mental Health and Substance Use (MHSU) Treatment Support & Recovery (TSR) Worker to join our t Adult Community Support Services (ACSS) team at the Lansdowne Centre in Kamloops, B.C.
What Will You Work On?
Some Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- As the primary contact with the client in the community, conducts ongoing assessments of the client’s condition and determines the client’s needs, including identifying early symptoms of relapse.
- Provides comprehensive bio/psycho/social services that include a continuum of options designed to optimize clients’ recovery and ability to function.
- Provides highly involved case management, counselling, and other forms of direct service, and directly provides or assists the clients to access services to deal with treatment and recovery issues such as: medication management, problem solving, crisis management, nutrition, physical health, money management, personal hygiene, household management, coping skills, education, vocational training, and interpersonal relationships.
- Arranges access to specialized services such as substance use, forensic/criminal justice, developmental disability, and acquired brain injury.
- Identifies the need for, and ensures or arranges transition plans are in place for clients transferring between levels of care, including involvement in discharge planning and follow up after an admission to a hospital unit or emergency department.
- Documents assessments, treatment formulations, care plans and progress notes according to professional standards and established guidelines, policies and procedures which may include computerized records and databases.
- Establishes effective working linkages/relationships with all pertinent service providers such as community agencies, hospitals, residential care facilities, primary care physicians, and psychiatrists, to maximize treatment resources for clients.
Shift types are days and shift times are from 08:30 to 15:15, 08:30 to 15:15, 08:30 to 15:15, 08:30 to 14:30, 08:30 to 17:00 hours.
How Will You Create an Impact?
The Treatment Support & Recovery (TSR) Worker provides assessment, treatment, case management, community support, and as required, urgent response to clients who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life. The TSR Worker functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Abundance of opportunity lives here in the Kamloops region and with Interior Health. Interior Health offers excellent opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited educational institution in an Allied Health, Behavioural, or Social Science field relevant to the position.
- Two years’ recent related experience in a mental health and substance use environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current valid B.C. driver’s license.