Many Canadians suffer from some kind of vision impairment that requires them to wear glasses or contact lenses. We’re Hoya and correcting vision is our specialty. We’re helping the world see better by making high quality lenses for glasses.
Check us out: www.hoya.ca
Our motto is "Science You Can See", which is a promise of real technological innovation in lens materials, advanced optical designs and superior lens finishes. Hoya provides a full range of products for virtually every sight correction requirement. Beyond the science, we continually strive to earn our customers' business through service excellence and attention to detail with every order we fill.
We are currently hiring one (1) person to work on Rotating Shifts Monday to Friday.
Create exceptional value in the lives of our customers by delivering legendary customer service and crafting perfect quality eyewear. Ensure consistently satisfied customers by manufacturing eyewear in accordance with HOYA’s “Quality Standards.” To understand and bring to life the HOYA Mission for all employees. Build and secure a supportive working environment that encourages innovation and commitment. Be an active partner in the achievement of the organizations success by managing with “maximum expectations” of all Standards and guidelines and by leading by example.
- Create exceptional everyday working relationships with all employees
- Critical working relationships with Coatings Supervisor, AR Technicians, Hard Coat Technicians, Director of Operations, and Facility Manager
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to flow, organization and operation of the A/R Coating Laboratory Production: Responsible in the areas of: Steady flow of jobs, All lenses etched for identification, verified/reviewed and directed to proper areas: (Stripping, A/R, hard coat), Quality Inspection upon completion, Problem and Rush jobs must be Prioritized, followed up on daily. Ensures that Quality Standards and Company safety and regulatory compliance programs are in place and followed. Conveys a commitment to providing unsurpassed Customer Service through ensuring that HOYA lab employees’ utilize all “Manufacturing Standards” to ensure the highest quality Anti-Reflection coatings. Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying reasons for recurring laboratory problems; goes beyond symptoms to get at causes; strives to develop long-term solutions. Support the operation in maintaining and improving costs, quality and delivery in all areas
Standards of Performance
- Ensures that the following are completed flawlessly: Wash-Up Lenses in preparation for coating process, Load lenses into A/R equipment and monitor coating process as instructed, Visual Inspection, Monitor production
- Strives to achieve “Far Exceeds Expectations” on all targets set for the following areas:
- Jobs Per Day
- % avg. days per job (turn around time)
- % Breakage
- Remake Ratio
Product Technical Knowledge
- Strives to improve technical knowledge through the communication with manufacturers other facility supervisors and continually applies that knowledge in the production of all eyewear.
- Performs multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and thoroughness despite time pressures and facility volume.
- Utilizes product knowledge to determine the best manufacturing process for both routine and special orders to ensure the production of top-quality eyewear.
- Is attentive to detail with all measurements, calculations, equipment settings and defective product.
- Takes the initiative to notice and follow-up on discrepancies (in your own and other departments); suggests improvements; recommends solutions and does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the lab, lab equipment and stockroom in terms of cleanliness and ongoing maintenance. Ensures all storage areas/equipment are labeled per guidelines.
- Responsible for the basic operation, cleaning and ongoing maintenance of laboratory tools and equipment by ensuring adherence to established; maintenance procedures and calendars.
- Remove old and damage parts and Install new parts and Equipment for AR Machines
- Control and check the machine during the operation as Preventive Maintenance
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on AR machines, check their lubricating and cooling system, change oil, filters and other materials for pumps.
- Assemble and disassemble any machinery and stationary parts for AR Machines, Seven Baths Machine
- Do PM (Preventive maintenance) for utility room, such as: change filters, check pump and change if need, gauges, trouble shooting,
- Adjust AR machines and repair or replace defective parts such as panels, ION gun, EB gun
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment for the AR machines after any routine services to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Use sand blast machine to repair any defect parts and panels and prepare them for using again during maintenance
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, cutters, special tools and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of AR Machines and machinery
- Read blueprints, exploded drawings, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures, perfect assembly and disassembly, better maintenance
Regulatory Compliance / Safety
- Ensures that all Company approved lab safety programs are implemented and maintained consistently per standards, creating a safe working environment for all employees and visitors.
- Ensures that all lab employees are appropriately trained on the safe use, storage and disposal of approved laboratory chemicals, including annual refresher training. Leads by example in demonstrating safe work place practices including wearing safety glasses in designated areas while in the lab.
Administrative / DVI / Communication
- Performs administrative duties to include accurate input of invoices.
- Completes and files in a timely manner all necessary facility and lab paperwork thoroughly and accurately.
- Initiate and implement manufacturing process improvements using lean methodology to improve quality and productivity.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Thorough technical knowledge of lab processes, equipment and maintenance
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communicator and listener
- Strong basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Knowledge of optical theory
- Problem solving ability
- Organization skills
- Skilled Trade or Mechanical Engineering
- Optical training
- Previous experience in optical lab preferred
- On feet most of the day
- Low, moderate and high noise levels (not to exceed standards)
- Work produced is subject to precise measures of quantity and quality.
- Near vision and sharp focus to adjust vision when doing close work.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers. Handling by seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with the hands and fingers.
- Occasional lifting/ carrying 10 lbs or less, pushing/ pulling 30 lbs or less.
HOYA Vision Care Canada is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any accommodation in order to fully participate in our recruitment process, please contact Human Resources by phone.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Maintenance: 4 years (Required)