Under the direction of the Supervisor: Customer Service, the Attendant: Adoption Reception is responsible for greeting and directing clients, assisting with operations of the Ottawa Humane Society (OHS) store and assisting with adoption of OHS animals
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of work: 42.5 hours biweekly (see below for biweekly breakdown). Applicants must be available for the hours of work, outlined below, year round.
Monday: 11:00 am – 8:30 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday: 11:00 am – 8:30 pm
Friday: 11:00 am – 8:30 pm
- Greet clients visiting the OHS and direct them as appropriate
- Provide general information to OHS clients about adoption processes
- Ensure all animals available for adoption are appropriately advertised on the OHS website
- Provide information to OHS customers on good animal care practices
- Process sales transactions
- Provide adoption follow-up services and direct issues appropriately
- Promote OHS goods for sale
- Supervise and coordinate volunteers’ activities while on shift
- Answer telephone and triage phone calls
- Triage emails and response
- Accept and record in-kind donations
- *Please contact careers @ ottawahumane . ca if you would like a copy of the full job description.
- A grade 12 graduation diploma
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in customer service
- Demonstrated excellent customer service, crisis management and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment and to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Microsoft Office applications
- Chameleon and/or Raiser's Edge experience is an asset
- Advanced verbal and written skills in English are required
- Verbal skills in French are required
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity and have the above qualifications, please address your resume and cover letter to Vanessa Herman, Manager: Human Resources. Please specify the job title “Adoption Reception Attendant” in the email subject line.
The Ottawa Humane Society is an equal opportunity employer. The OHS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the OHS regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.21 to $20.97 /hour
- animal care: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)