ECG Education Canada Group - Robertson College is looking for an Instructional Designer to design course content for a Brightspace learning environment for various programs, courses and training initiatives. This role involves working with the Teaching and Learning team to lead the design and implementation of e-learning experiences at The College.
This is a part-time contract position with flexible working hours and location. The initial term is three months with the possibility of extension. Compensation will be based on education and experience.
· Collaborate with a team to refine Robertson’s course design approach.
· Contribute to strategic discussions around Robertson’s LMS strategy.
· Apply evidence-based instructional design theories, practice and methods in course creation.
· Design course content that engages students in meaningful, interactive, and transferrable learning.
· Create support material and media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.).
· Develop evaluation criteria and assessment instruments that align with instructional goals and outcomes.
· Stay abreast of current developments and issues in adult education and instructional technology; incorporate new methods, techniques and information into e-learning design.
· Conduct instructional research and analysis of learners and contexts.
· Complete day-to-day LMS administrative responsibilities, including but not limited to, uploading of course content and providing LMS-related technical support to instructors upon course commencement.
· Maintain project documentation and course folders.
· Maintain and improve upon existing online course content.
· Degree or diploma in instructional design, educational technology; experience in developing curriculum, or training programs will also be considered.
· A minimum of five years of professional instructional design experience.
· Proven knowledge and experience with course development software and Learning Management Systems (Brightspace, D2L preferred).
· Demonstrated knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
· Highly self-motivated and self-directed; objective-oriented with a high-level of attention to detail.
· Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to communicate effectively through writing, especially in writing effective copy, instructional text, and audio scripts/video scripts.
· A combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter. This posting will close on November 25, 2020.
Contract length: 3 months
Part-time hours: 20 - 25 per week
Application deadline: 2020-11-25
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Instructional Design: 5 years (Required)
- instructional design or curriculum development (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings