Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance. Whether you're looking for full-time or part-time employment, a student placement, or a volunteer position, Revera offers many rewarding opportunities. Explore what we have to offer and see how you can succeed
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Infection Control Manager, supports in developing and implementing the person centered care philosophy; S/he is also accountable for establishing a culture of compliance and adherence to infection prevention and control (IPAC) while serving resident, families and colleagues.
Resident Care, Quality, Infection Control and Compliance:
- Resident & Family Satisfaction- overall increased ratings as measured through satisfaction survey results
- Employee Engagement- Highly engaged teams as measured through annual employee engagement survey results
- Exceptional Quality Indicators- Successfully executed and sustained clinical outcomes
- A culture of compliance to promote the safety of residents, staff and general public
- Adherence to IPAC standards & requirements set under the legislation and Revera’s IPAC Policies and Procedures
Human Resources and Administrative:
- To plan, direct, develop, co-ordinate, implement and evaluate resident care
- To develop and maintain a relationship with the local Public Health, laboratory representative and IPAC leads at the regional and national level;
- To ensure resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted;
- To implement Revera’s IPAC policies and procedures and participate in the development, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the Home’s IPAC Program;
- To participate in quality initiatives, perform and/or coordinate audits on a regular basis and prepare action plans to ensure adherence to IPAC standards and recommend improvements;
- To ensure surveillance is completed, using the IPAC app, by the nurse/designate on the shift of symptom onset, appropriate interventions implemented;
- To attend the regional Quality Team meetings and report the status of the Home’s IPC Program:
- To identify, and report infections and/or outbreaks, and monitor, investigate and follow-up infections and outbreaks and identify areas of improvement;
- To provide education to Residents, volunteers and visitors related to infection control principles;
- To align resident care services with the defined needs of the internal and external community;
- To participate in Care Conferences as appropriate, meet with residents/family to resolve problems/ concerns/complaints
- To maintain a liaison with hospital, medical staff, community and health care related disciplines and partner to ensure the most effective provision of care delivery in the home;
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- To oversee the financial and human resource management aspects of the IPAC function within the home;
- To hire, direct, supervise, evaluate, promote or terminate care staff;
- To ensure quality care and a safe, effective and efficient work environment;
- To identify the educational and training needs in the facility and to coordinate and facilitate staff development programs to meet these needs, improve quality of care and foster Revera’s person centered care philosophy;
- To coordinate and provide ongoing education to staff on the principles and practices of infection prevention and control and new emerging infectious diseases and organisms;
- To ensure the availability and maintenance of IPAC supplies and equipment to meet the needs of the home in a fiscally responsible manner;
- To assume responsibilities of the Executive Director and or other managers as required in their absence;
- To be knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights/Governing Principles and endeavor to promote it
- To uphold and promote Revera’s Core Values and Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other duties as assigned
Revera Core Competencies:
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working as healthcare professional in the long-term care sector;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working as in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting preferred;
- Post-secondary education;
- Prior IPAC experience and or education are nice to have;
- Current CPR designation is required;
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills;
- Professional competencies related to life-long learning, public relations and health environment awareness;
- Possession of strong motivational, team building and time management skills.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request. Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.