Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., a leader in metals distribution and fabrication in the U.S. and Canada, is currently seeking Inside Sales Representatives to join our team. The Inside Sales Reps will participate in a comprehensive 6-month training program, Ryerson Academy, before establishing themselves in a sales market in either Eastern or Western Canada. More details on our company can be found online by visiting: www.ryerson.com
Successful candidates will be hired in June 2019 where they will work for 4 – 6 weeks in their home branch and will then relocate to Minneapolis, Minnesota from July to December where they will participate in the Ryerson Academy training program. The Academy is designed to introduce and solidify knowledge related to all facets of the metal industry, Ryerson as a company, and inside sales. During the Ryerson Academy training program, employees will learn from experienced employees throughout the Company, meet Ryerson’s senior management and executives, and will be coached one-on-one by current Inside Sales Representatives on the sales desk. Upon completion of the Academy, employees are then relocated to one of Ryerson’s facilities located in either Eastern Canada (Brampton, ON, Saint John, NB or Vaudreuil, QC) or Western Canada (Vancouver, Edmonton or Winnipeg).
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends, participates and completes the 6-month Ryerson Academy training program for new Inside Sales Representatives located in Minneapolis, MI USA which includes classroom-based and hands-on training, covering topics such as sales skills, negotiation skills, product training, etc.
- Responds to customers quotation requests, needs, inquiries and concerns on a timely basis
- Processes customer orders (i.e. quotations and order entry)
- Sources items that Ryerson does not stock and complete the order
- Generates and communicates sales leads through focused proactive marketing efforts
- Understands and incorporates the goals and concepts of our business to achieve sales and profitability
- Works closely with territory managers, credit, inventory, warehouse operations and other departments in the company to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Legally eligible to enter and work in the United States for 6 months
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma is required
- Previous sales or customer service experience preferred; exceptional telephone skills required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on outstanding customer service
- Results focused, competitive, self-motivated attitude and entrepreneurial flair
- Proficiency with Microsoft office; high level of math aptitude
- Attention to detail amidst multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationships with people within or outside of the organization
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills; understands value creation and recognizes opportunities
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently or contribute to / drive team projects
- Ambition to grow within the organization
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal) is required; bilingual in French & English is required for Quebec roles
- Geographic mobility required: 6 months’ training in Minneapolis, followed by potential relocation within Canada
We appreciate all applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Ryerson Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to representing the diverse communities we serve. That’s why we encourage applications from visible minorities, aboriginal people, women, and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, positive and engaging work environment, along with opportunities for advancement in a variety of disciplines across the organization.
Job Type: Full-time