The Flour Packer is responsible for the effective and efficient packaging of milled product including the efficient set-up, changeover, and minor maintenance of the flour packaging equipment.
· Operates and maintains efficient performance on both flour packaging lines meeting the following minimum standards:
Large Bag Packing = 225 – 20kgs bags/hour
Fawema Packaging = 80 – 2 ½ kg bags/hour
Fawema Packaging = 108 – 5 kg bags/hour
Fawema Packaging = 455 – 10 kg bags/hour
· Ensures that good quality packed product enters warehouse.
- All bags are sealed correctly before leaving packaging area.
- Completion of ongoing checks of code dates and correction of any problems to ensure that each packed bag leaving the packaging area is readable and dated correctly.
- All bags are folded – sealed properly and stretch wrapped (2½ and 5kg bags) in a correct way before entering warehouse.
- All bags are dated correctly before entering warehouse.
- Changeovers and adjustments are made to accommodate different bag sizes.
- Flour transfer is made from correct flour bin into assigned flour packer bin, through rebolt sifter as required.
- All packed product is stacked on skids in a correct way according to pattern.
- All skids with packed product are numbered to provide an easy identification in case of call back.
· Performs quality assurance checks, records them and applies filled out Hold/Reject signs on skids for any off-standard product.
· Completes production reports.
· Maintains good sanitary condition in working area and packaging equipment while packaging is in process.
- Leaves packaging area and equipment at end of shift in a clean sanitary condition, with all re-run/feed bags being emptied at warehouse dumping station.
- Ensures that full pallets of good quality packed product are correctly placed in the warehouse.
- Corrects and cleans up any spills of product in the product transfer system being used (plug-ups, broken lines, etc.).
· Must be aware of critical control points as they relate to product liability.
· Responsible for compliance with Canada Labour Occupational Health and Safety requirements and company safety standards.
· Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) while performing job duties and tasks.
· Performs other tasks, including training, as required.
· Grade 12 or equivalency.
· Knowledge plus aptitude to operate computerized equipment and their electronics.
· Must have a mechanical aptitude for changing over the flour packaging lines to proper bag sizes as necessary and for diagnosing and solving problems with or without help from maintenance.
· Ability to learn how to operate oven mixers and sewing machines.
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to use initiative.
· Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Good working relationship with management and fellow employees.
· Ability to lift up to 25 kg repetitively, and work in hot and/or dusty environments.
· Willing and available for shift work and overtime, including weekends and holidays, and to work a varied schedule as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rogers Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
Reference ID: 38.21
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.97 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Armstrong, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)