Crosslinx Transit Solutions (CTS) is a consortium comprised of EllisDon, SNC-Lavalin, Aecon and ACS. CTS has been selected by Metrolinx as the Preferred Proponent to deliver the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit Project in Toronto that will run along and beneath Eglinton
Avenue between Mount Dennis and Kennedy Station. There are fifteen (15) underground stations and ten (10) at-grade stops. Project Co, through Crosslinx Transit Maintenance Solutions has the responsibility to maintain and rehabilitate, as required, all ECLRT assets and is seeking highly qualified, experienced personnel to lead major elements of the Quality and Environmental Management component of this complex project.
Position: Quality and Environmental Lead
The Quality and Environmental Lead reports to the Quality and Environmental Director and is responsible for the following activities:
· Develop the Quality and Environmental Management Plans and Procedures in compliance with the requirements of the Project Agreement, laws and obligations and ISO 9001
· Assist Quality and Environmental Director in overseeing the implementation of and improvement to the Quality and Environmental Management System
· Setup the quality and environmental tools and workflows
· Develop and deliver training materials to promote awareness of the environmental and quality requirements throughout the Project Team including subcontractors
· Setup the quality and environmental reporting systems
· Obtain and track required environmental permits, licenses, and approvals and ensure compliance with the requirements of these permits, licenses, and approvals
· ensure the project is following the environmental obligations and requirements
· Verify through regular planned and unplanned inspections and audits that process and procedure are adequate, effective and followed and the ability to carry out those inspections occasionally overnight and on weekends
· Participate in Tender Package preparation and clarification meetings to ensure environmental and quality requirements are included and, in the subcontracts, and communicated accordingly
· Prepare and implement the Quality Audit Program which includes internal and external audit of the key processes
· Prepare the Scope of work for the independent Environmental and Quality Audits and participate in selection of the Audit Company
· Ensure subcontractor quality plans are effective and that the necessary quality checks are completed
· Prepare the Scope of work for the Environmental and Quality Consultant Services as required
· Support, coach and mentor colleagues and subcontractors in improving quality end environmental aspect of the project
· Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
· A University degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Planning), or the equivalent
· 5 years’ experience in environmental/quality management system development in a rail industry or industrial environment; experience with tunnel, trackwork, and maintenance operations are considered significant assets
· A combination of education and experience will be considered
· Successfully completed an ISO 9001 Lead Auditor course
· Knowledgeable of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
· Proven experience of large infrastructure projects
· Sound judgment, excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities, with exceptional attention to detail
· Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation, verbal and written communication skills to deal with complex, multi-disciplinary issues involving Third Party agencies, governments, and other stakeholders
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities; and
· Computer literate with knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
· Review and comment on subcontractor’s EMS/QMS submissions including Mobilization plan
· None unless otherwise delegated by the Quality and Environmental Director
Extent of Internal/Public Contact
· Crosslinx Transit Solution staff including design, construction, scheduling, document control, safety, estimating, quality and environment teams
· General public, Third Party regulatory agencies
· Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
· Primary work location is project office.
· Project related travel anticipated.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Environmental/ Quality Management System Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19