Precision Castparts Corp. is a leading worldwide, diversified, manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets.
PCC Aerostructures Division is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry. Currently they include more than 35 plants in North America, Europe, and Asia, with over 5500 employees, and has ambitious growth plans.
Acquired by PCC in 2012, Centra Industries Inc., located in Cambridge, ON, is one of 38 plants within the Aerostructures Division, and is staffed with over 380 employees in two production facilities.
Centra Industries Inc. is a leading Tier II Supplier and manufacturer of complex high precision machined components to the aerospace and defense industries. Their key customers are Boeing, PAG/Airbus, Gulfstream, Goodrich (UTAS), Bombardier, Honeywell, Lockheed Martin, and Raytheon Missile Systems. Centra specializes in complex hard metal 4 and 5 axis CNC precision machining, processing, and mechanical assembly.
Position: Assembly Cell Robot Technician
Shift: Full-time, Continental Rotating - 7:30-7:30
- days/nights on 2 week rotation
- working 2 days on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 on, 3 off
- equals out to having every other Fri-Sun off
Key Job Functions:
- Day to day operation of automated assembly cell
- Ability to manually assemble all current sub-assemblies (drilling, countersinking, sealant application, Nutplate riveting, part marking inspection, and all associated paperwork)
- Keep accurate records as required internally as well as outside customers
- Adjust and teach robotic pathwork
- Operate system within specific guidelines and assigned specific area of focus but may also include manual assembly due to circumstances and overall operation of system
- Ensure all customer specifications and manufacturer recommendations are observed for sealant include tube preparation, tube utilization life expectancy, and expired time disposal
- Review work instruction as per traveler, prepare part styles as per customer specification
- Maintain and clean all equipment and properly identify expired sealant
- Maintain inventory of sealant and all sub-assembly components (i.e. Nutplate slides filled and rivet slides filled)
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by the Assembly Supervisor
- High School diploma; or equivalent
- Robotic training
- Experience in a fast-paced machining and/or aerospace environment
- Excellent blueprint reading skills, including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work on a tight timeline
- Good verbal/written communication skills, positive attitude, ability to demonstrate effort to troubleshoot and make improvements to job related processes
- High level of personal accountability and integrity
- Strong sense of teamwork within groups and across organization
What's in it for You?
- Full-time, permanent positions
- Continental Shift premiums
- Bonus payment program
- Overtime opportunities
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Excellent RRSP and DPSP Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Monthly company events
- Working in a dynamic, fast-paced, changing environment
PCC Aerostructures Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates for their interest in Centra Industries Inc. However; due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the role will be contacted.
PCC Aerostructures Canada will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants during the recruitment process and during employment. Those requiring alternative communication formats can contact us (a) in-person, (b) by calling 519-650-2828, or (c) by emailing CentraAccessibility@pccaero . ca
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- blueprint reading (inc. GD&T): 1 year (Required)
- robotic training/: 1 year (Required)
- fast paced machining and aerospace environment: 1 year (Required)