Winnipeg School Division (WSD) nurtures a welcoming and inclusive culture of people committed to working together to inspire students to reach goals and achieve academic success. WSD is the largest school division in the Province of Manitoba with over 33,000 students and 5,000 employees. To ensure WSD’s continued success as a leader in education and innovation, we’re committed to finding and developing the right people to join our team.
Administrative Clerk - Full-Time Permanent
Board & Community Liaison Services
The Board & Community Liaison Services office is responsible for all aspects of supporting the WSD Board of Trustees including agenda development, minutes, correspondence and meetings. This office also supports outreach and collaboration with parents, community and community organizations, assist in resolving matters of concern to parents, work with school staff and examines the development of schools as centres of the community.
This is a full-time, 12-month position in the Board & Community Liaison Services office. Under the direction of the Board & Community Liaison Officer, the incumbent will provide secretarial and clerical services for the Board of Trustees, including assistance in preparing weekly agenda packages and attendance at committees to record proceedings. The successful incumbent requires initiative, sound organizational and interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to deal tactfully with all levels of personnel and the general public, the ability to meet deadlines and changing priorities and adapt with flexibility in job duties, and to participate as an active team member. Some evening work required.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
· Attending meetings to record proceedings, preparation of agendas, reports, summaries of discussions, and follow-up work related to these meetings
· Assisting in the provision of secretarial services for the Board of Trustees including composition of correspondence, reports, minutes, briefs, speeches, photocopying, filing, collating, and distribution of material
· Scheduling and maintaining calendars of meetings, events and engagements
· Assisting with the preparation and distribution of Board and Committee agenda material
· Responding to requests for information from the public on behalf of the Board including assisting with access applications and enquiries under The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and The Personal Health Information Act
· Assisting with the coordination of activities/events hosted by the Board of Trustees
- Completion of secondary education, five years of office experience and relevant coursework/training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel at an intermediate level
- Accurate keyboarding of at least 45 words per minute
- Knowledge of meeting procedures and protocol, minute taking
- Experience working in a political environment is an asset
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment
- Ability to react resourcefully under varying conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal tactfully with all levels of personnel and the general public
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to practice a high degree of discretion
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to meet deadlines and changing priorities and to adapt with flexibility in job duties
Employment is subject to a clear Child Abuse Registry check and Police Information Check.
Winnipeg School Division has an Employment Equity policy which strives towards a fair representation of women, Indigenous people, persons living with a disability and minorities at all levels within the organization.
Winnipeg School Division will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants disabled by barriers during the interview and assessment process, upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $27.30 per hour