Residential Counsellor Awake
Central West Specialized Developmental Services
CWSDS is looking to hire Residential Counsellors Overnight Awake, Part Time, who will be responsible for:
- Providing supervision to clients during the night time hours, including but not limited to hourly bed checks and walkabouts within the house.
- Supporting the individuals’ goals.
- Providing night to night direct care and support to residents’ needs, including assisting with personal hygiene, bathing, toileting, and providing first aid when required.
- Dispensing and administering medications.
- Ensuring safety and security of individuals.
- Completing household duties such as laundry, cleaning, meal preparation and counts.
- Ensuring accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Developmental Service Worker Diploma, B.A. B.Sc. in Psychology or related Social Services or equivalency.
- Pharmacology, First Aid and Advanced Safe Management certifications are required.
- Proven experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities and challenging behaviour.
- Ability in the use of Behaviour Modification skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.